Classical Music Forum banner

Latest concerts

277K views 1K replies 265 participants last post by  Eramire156 
#1 ·
We already got thread to write about our latest purchases and stuff that we are actually listening. How about topic to write about your latest classical concerts? I guess at least some of us attend them regular.

So, today I went to live performance of Duisburger Philharmoniker orchestra conducted by Jonathan Darlington. The solist was Michael Roll. Setlist was fantastic - Vaughan Williams Fantasia On Theme by TT, Haydn Symphony B-dur, Berlioz Carnaval Romain and finally Beethoven's 4th piano concerto. Great performance. I almost lost my hands giving them applause they deserved.

#862 ·
Last night I went to the Huntsville Symphony's pops concert of music from the James Bond films, with guest artist Hilary Kole. Fun program, but I was largely unimpressed with Kole; she sang well but had a rather weak voice that was frequently getting drowned out by the orchestra even with a mic. Plus, she just could not communicate with the audience; said "um" too much, tripped over her words, used the phrase "I digress" about 4 times. She seemed somewhat nervous the whole time. I think she has a lot of talent though, and with work I think she'll eventually have a very good act.
The orchestra was fantastic though, as always.

#863 ·
I just returned from the Pražák quartet playing Haydn's Op 77 No. 1, Beethoven's Op 59 No. 2 and, fascinatingly, Bruckner's String Quartet in C minor. The latter was remarkably nice. The Haydn was played with great fervour -- I especially loved the Trio, and found it sad they skipped the repeats (so I only heard it once). I've always found Beethoven's second Razumovsky quartet a little dull at the start, but the last movement always makes up for that, and the Pražáks certainly delivered there. Great concert!

#864 ·
Thursday 11th February 2016
The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester

Rachmaninov - Isle of the Dead
Mahler - Kindertotenlieder
Shostakovich - Symphony No.15, Op. 141

Hallé Orchestra, Sir Mark Elder, conductor
Roderick Williams, baritone

Very enjoyable. I hadn't heard the Rachmaninov work before (it's certainly worth hearing again), but I'm very familiar with the other two pieces here. Roderick Williams' sung German seems impeccable and the orchestral textures were spare and clear. Kindertotenlieder moved me to tears, as it always does. The 15th is my favourite of Shostakovich's symphonies and here it received a lucid performance. Sir Mark Elder told us that there were no records of it being performed by the Hallé Orchestra before and so no-one was quite sure if it had been or not.

#865 ·
Attended the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, on 11th February for:

Mozart Violin Concerto No.5 ‘Turkish’
Bruckner Symphony No.9

Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
Sir Andrew Davis conductor
Esther Yoo violin

I thought that the Bruckner was simply outstanding, the best that I have heard the RLPO perform. The 9th is a huge beast of a piece, with an enormous orchestra and multiple layers but I thought that it came together beautifully, heavenly I would say and I think that Bruckner would have approved. It's occasions such as this, when I truly appreciate the importance of a live performance over a recording. At the climax, I just wanted to jump out of my seat and show my appreciation but unfortunately etiquette prevented me from doing so; what a pity.

The violin concerto was much lighter and very well performed by Ms Yoo but the Bruckner was definitely the highlight, not just of the evening but probably the entire season. Very well attended too, which was a pleasant surprise, so maybe we can expect more Bruckner, in the future. Let's hope so.

#866 · (Edited)
Saturday 13th February Norwich Baroque at Norwich Central Baptist Church

Duelling Trumpets with Crispian Steele-Perkins and Simon Munday.

Manfredini - Concerto for 2 Trumpets in D major
Corelli - Sonata in D - Steele-Perkins
Schein - Banchetto musicale no 6
Stradella - Il barcheggio Part II - Munday
Vivaldi - Concerto in C for 2 Trumpets

Vivaldi - Concerto in D for 2 Trumpets
Torelli - Sonata G1 - Munday
Dall'Abaco - Op5 No2 Concerto in 7 parts
Purcell - Sonata for Trumpet in D - Steele-Perkins
Franceschini - Concerto in D for 2 Trumpets

The Baroque trumpet can be exquisite but can be (very occasionally) somewhat gnarly. We were treated to a feast of fascinating Baroque Trumpet music from two masters of the art. They played a range of pieces from the more familiar - Vivaldi, Corelli, Torelli - to the less familiar - Stradella, Franceschini. Mr Munday joked that "if you don't like D major and trills then you're in the wrong place." The choice of pieces was excellent and allowed then to display their talents.

The Schein was a departure for Norwich Baroque. Schein was cantor at the Thomasschule zu Leipzig (the same as Bach) in the early 17th Century. The piece was written for viols in the 1620's and adapted for 18th century strings. It was an excellent interlude between the trumpet pieces.

The Stradella was a virtuoso display and Mr Munday had to take a break before the first of the Vivaldi pieces. This allowed Mr Steele-Perkins to talk about the design of baroque and other natural trumpets. No matter how often you've seen it, his playing of Handel's Water Music using a baroque mouthpiece and a piece of hosepipe is still very funny.

In the second half we had more Vivaldi then Mr Munday performed in Torelli's Sonata G1. I would rate it A1.

The Dell'Abaco for strings was a natural progression - he was a pupil of Torelli. Norwich Baroque played it very well.

Mr Steele-Perkins then played a Purcell sonata. This had been discovered at York Minster in 1951. He showed Purcell's genius for harmony in this piece.

The concert finished with a Franceschini concerto. Franceschini is slightly earlier than Purcell and is noted for his use of the trumpet in church music, blending it skilfully with the voice. It provided a fitting finale for the evening

#867 · (Edited)
This Friday I was at the royal concert hall with Manfred Honeck conducting the RCO in Beethoven's 7th and Mahler's Lieder from "Das Knaben Wunderhorn" with Matthias Goerne singing. Wonderful concert. Also, the south podium was filled with young people, as a youth orchestra from New Jersey was spending their last day of a tour here to hear the concert! I've never heard the last movement from Beethoven's 7th performed so fast, 'man was aching for the break...!

#868 · (Edited)
Saturday February 20, 2016
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Matthias Pintscher - Guest Conductor
Gabriel Faure
Pavane, Op. 50 (1887)
Arnold Schoenberg
Chamber Symphony No. 2, Op. 38 (1939)
INTERMISSION
Joseph-Maurice Ravel
Ma mere l'oye (Complete Ballet) (1908-11)
Ludwig van Beethoven
Symphony No. 8 in F major, Op. 93 (1806)
An amazing concert. The Beethoven is a favorite but even though the Mother Goose and Schoenberg are somewhat new to me I think I will be listing to them more in the future. The Chamber Symphony No.2 is highly underrated and should be performed more often. Also next season has been announced and even though it is Jeffrey Kahane's last season it has many highlights including: Beethoven's symphonies 3,7, and 9 :Mozart's Prague and final piano concerto; Brahms second piano concerto; Mendelssohn's Scottish and Schubert's Great.

#869 ·
yesterday's concert at the Opera House (Budapest):
Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra
Lawrence Foster (Guest Conductor)
Enescu - Romanian Rhapsody No. 2
Kurtág: ….concertante…. op. 42
INTERMISSION
Dvořák - Symphony No. 9

The concert started with Enescu's Rhapsody. (Foster is a US conductor with Romanian heritage.) Japanese soloists Ken Hakii (Viola) and his wife, Hiromi Kikuchi (violin) played Kurtág's work, the 90 year old composer was there. (they played it in the premiere in 2003.) the symphony was superb because of the conducting and soloists.

#870 ·
Raymonda... the only time I can ever say that I will hear a performance with only Glazunov's music. :eek: WOW!!!! 100% Glazunov, no one else sharing the spotlight. Well, not musically anyhow. :lol:

Well, my whole blog series about Raymonda is out now, which includes my review of last night's performance. I fixed the 2 blogs where attachments weren't showing up.

G
#871 ·
This is quite a piano weekend! First, yesterday morning I heard Sergio Tiempo and the LA Phil conducted by Dudamel in Ginastera's Piano Concerto No.1--it was riveting! Then last night a simply ravishing recital by Daniil Trifonov. He played Bach-Brahms Chaconne, Schubert's Sonata D.845, followed by Brahms' Paganini Variations BKI. (The first half was well over an hour!) After intermission he played Rachmaninov's Sonata No.1. The audience went wild! He then played three encores: Tchaikovsky-Pletnev Dance from The Sleeping Beauty, Scriabin left-hand Prelude, and Paganini-Liszt Etude No. 6 after the 24th Caprice. Whew! I've rarely been more mesmerized by anyone's playing.

Tomorrow I hear Arnaldo Cohen in San Francisco. His program looks great, too:

BACH-BUSONI Chaconne in D minor
BRAHMS Variations on a Theme by Handel
LISZT Sonetto del Petrarca No. 104
LISZT Sonata in B minor

Since Trivinov has two gifted hands, I wish he too had played the Bach-Busoni Chaconne--not only do I prefer it, but it would have made an interesting comparisonwith Cohen.

#872 ·
Just arrived home from the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, where I heard:

BBC Philharmonic Orchestra
Juanjo Mena conductor | Augustin Hadelich violin

Smetana Má Vlast – ‘Vltava’
Bartók Violin Concerto No. 2
Dvorák Symphony No. 9, ‘From the New World’

After a very stressful week of work, this was the perfect antidote.

The BBC Phil excelled with the Smetana, as good as any recording that I have heard, and provided a very fine performance of the Dvorák. It's the first time that I have seen the BBC Philharmonic and Juanjo Mena appears to be doing an excellent job with some very fine musicians.

The highlight was, however, Augustin Hadelich's performance of the Bartók Violin Concerto No. 2, which was every bit as sublime as I had expected, having been an admirer of Mr Hadelich's work for some time. I wasn't particularly familiar with the piece and it is probably not one of the most accessible pieces ever composed but by the end, I had fallen in love with it, such was the quality of the performance. As an encore, he performed Bach's Violin Sonata No 2 'Andante', which was also wonderful.

An excellent conclusion to what has otherwise been a pretty awful week, so all's well, that ends well.

#886 ·
After a very stressful week of work, this was the perfect antidote.
The highlight was, however, Augustin Hadelich's performance of the Bartók Violin Concerto No. 2, which was every bit as sublime as I had expected, having been an admirer of Mr Hadelich's work for some time.
He is clearly on the circuit, because I see him in Portland in two weeks for Ades "Concentric Paths," which is a piece I heard a few weeks ago for the first time. Heard it nearly every day since.

I could see him as well this weekend up in Seattle for the P.T. concerto, but between the routine and other places I had planned to be -- I will pass. He says the P.T. concerto, something he has been playing "since [he] was 12" and has "lovely" melodies, etc., is nonetheless uncompelling for me, opting to spend the required $$$$ elsewhere.

It was 10 days ago, but I've been kind of busy recently, so haven't gotten a chance to post here.
Hilary Hahn violin

• Sibelius - Symphony No. 3
  • Sibelius - Violin Concerto
  • Sibelius - Symphony No. 1
Yes, all Sibelius (except a Bach encore from Hahn)
Wow, I could just die.

She is the remaining performer I hope to see in concert. Her presence would truly "shock" me, as it were (e.g. star shock) and I would spend significant time and cash on getting appropriate seating far ahead of time (see, e.g., infra MY POST).

Also, all Sibelius -- terrific idea, and yet: I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT. What the hell?!

Mahler - Symphony No. 8
K -- definitely dead now. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN AND WHY DOES IT NOT HAPPEN NEAR ME

Grieg Lyric Suite: March of the Trolls
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No.2
Mahler Symphony No.5

Lovely, light start with Grieg and obviously apt, given the orchestra.
Haha, wait WHAT?! HOW the hell do those two works get programmed in the same night?! What kind of bogus am I sitting through? What planet are you living on?!

#873 · (Edited)
It was 10 days ago, but I've been kind of busy recently, so haven't gotten a chance to post here.

Minnesota Orchestra
Osmo Vänskä conductor | Hilary Hahn violin

• Sibelius - Symphony No. 3
  • Sibelius - Violin Concerto
  • Sibelius - Symphony No. 1
Yes, all Sibelius (except a Bach encore from Hahn), and it was amazing! Vanska is a Sibelius master, and it showed at this concert. You could tell he knew all of the pieces in and out, and was able to bring out subtleties that I hadn't ever noticed, and as a result, it sounded fantastic. And of course, Hilary Hahn nailed it. She just played the concerto perfectly - she knows exactly how to get the best sound out of her violin, and the performance was just mesmerizing. The orchestra capped off the night's program with a great performance of Sibelius 1, maybe even better than any recording I've heard.

This was definitely the best-played concert I've attended (I mean, I haven't gone to very many live concerts, but still), and I have little else to say but, wow. :)

#874 ·
Sounds like a very special concert, Musicrom, with some of the very best performers around. I understand your emotions completely and it's great to see your enthusiasm shining through. I love occasions such as this, when one feels on top of the world, after attending such a great performance, and there are few better feelings.

#876 · (Edited)
Just got my tickets for Beethoven's Ninth and Bernstein for this upcoming Friday (March 18th)!!

I'm beyond excited, I have dreamt of the opportunity to see Beethoven's Ninth in person, and it's finally happening.

Rejoice with Leonard Bernstein's jubilant Chichester Psalms, a Hebrew-language setting of favorite psalms from the Old Testament. Written for strings, brass, percussion, chorus and soloists, this tuneful work has remained one of Bernstein's most popular since its 1965 premiere. Of all symphonies, Beethoven's monumental Symphony No. 9 is most often declared the greatest ever written. This immortal masterpiece takes listeners on a spiritual journey from the darkness of the opening to the triumph of the famous "Ode to Joy."
http://www.houstonsymphony.org/tickets/production/detail?id=6567

#877 · (Edited)
Yannick Nézet-Séguin - Conductor
Angela Meade - Soprano
Erin Wall - Soprano
Lisette Oropesa - Soprano
Stephanie Blythe - Mezzo-soprano
Mihoko Fujimura - Mezzo-soprano
Anthony Dean Griffey - Tenor
Markus Werba - Baritone
John Relyea - Bass
The Westminster Symphonic Choir - Mixed chorus
The Choral Arts Society of Washington - Mixed chorus
The American Boychoir - Boys choir

Mahler - Symphony No. 8

#878 · (Edited)
Bit late but was back at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, on Monday 7th March for:

Oslo Philharmonic
Vasily Petrenko conductor | Simon Trpceski piano

Grieg Lyric Suite: March of the Trolls
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No.2
Mahler Symphony No.5

Lovely, light start with Grieg and obviously apt, given the orchestra.

Wonderful and very sensitive performance of the Rachmaninov by the Macedonian pianist, Simon Trpceski and the rapport between the players was clear to all. As an encore, he and the principal cellist for the Oslo Philharmonic, Louisa Tuck, played Rachmaninov's beautiful 'Vocalise'. A lovely gesture, as he led the plaudits for Ms Tuck.

The Mahler 5 was a full-on but also sensitive and delicate, at times, performance that produced a thunderous ovation from what appeared to be a sell-out, or close to, audience. An extremely confident performance from all involved.

Despite their previous hardy endeavours, Petrenko and his orchestra still had the energy to perform another encore of an arrangement for strings of Schubert’s F minor Moment, which was delightful.

I have to confess, after all this, that I still struggle to truly appreciate both Mahler and Rachmaninov, purely on a personal level (as in my personal taste); I can fully appreciate their towering talents. Despite this, I very much enjoyed the performance and I did have a nice glass of red, during the interval, to honour my friend Hpowders, who recently informed us that in his part of the world, he is largely limited to Taylor Swift concerts. So, HP, this one's for you, as I know that you would have loved it.

Just noticed that this post now marks me out as a senior member. Do I get a prize?

#879 · (Edited)
... I very much enjoyed the performance and I did have a nice glass of red, during the interval, to honour my friend Hpowders, who recently informed us that in his part of the world, he is largely limited to Taylor Swift concerts. So, HP, this one's for you, as I know that you would have loved it. ...
HP is right. Tampa does seem to have a shameful lack of orchestral concerts, beyond the resident Tampa Bay Symphony, which I haven't heard and so can't comment on. And they now have an opera festival -- I believe it's a relatively new effort, so I'm not sure about that either. There's also a relatively new piano festival at the University of South Florida that takes place in the summer -- The Rebecca Penneys Piano Festival, a two-week student immersion type of thing, maybe worth checking out.

But, an hour's drive to the south where I am and there's a relative wealth of riches to be had.

We have a very good local orchestra led by Anu Tali that puts on Masterworks concert series each year with visiting soloists and conductors -- Neeme Jarvi recently conducted Brahms, Stenhammar and R. Strauss. The orchestra also puts on an annual chamber music series that is very good.

As for visiting orchestras, this year we've had the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Russian National Orchestra and Renee Fleming.

There's also a long-running chamber music festival in the spring, a vibrant opera house with a months-long winter opera festival that is winding up right now and an Artists Series slate of concerts comprised largely of recitals by visiting, usually young artists of some accomplishment.

Itzhak Perlamn also leads an annual concert series each year here with top music students invited from around the country.

I traveled another two hours south to Naples recently, where they have an equally vibrant classical music scene with an active local orchestra and slate of visiting orchestras. There I attended one of two concerts by the Vienna Philharmonic. The opening notes of the Parsifal Prelude alone were worth the drive. They've also hosted the Toronto and Cleveland orchestras there this year.

Next year here we will have the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, the Minnesota Orchestra, the Emerson String Quartet, the National Symphony of Ukraine and Daniil Trifonov.

So, the glass is definitely more full than empty, whether red wine or white, if you venture out a little bit.

HP, come on down!

#880 ·
Thanks for the heads up, papsrus, that is some line-up of talent that you have down South Florida way. Hopefully it will cheer HP up and it will save me a few pounds on glasses of wine that I have been toasting him with, out of sympathy.

The Vienna Philharmonic is my favourite orchestra but they never visit the North of England, as far as I am aware, although I was fortunate enough to see them, in London, last year, in a stunning performance of Franz Schmidt's Symphony No. 2. Pleased to hear that they left you with similar sentiments.

All the best from a dreary North of England and please can you send us some of that lovely Florida sunshine. Tropicana orange juice isn't quite the same.

#882 ·
The Vienna Philharmonic is my favourite orchestra but they never visit the North of England, as far as I am aware, although I was fortunate enough to see them, in London, last year, in a stunning performance of Franz Schmidt's Symphony No. 2. Pleased to hear that they left you with similar sentiments.
An excellent concert: "Parsifal Prelude," "Good Friday Spell," "Manfred Symphony," with Valery Gergiev and his tooth pick conducting. I sat fourth row, dead center. Worth every penny (and it was a lot of pennies). I've never experienced anything quite like the Vienna strings. Magical. Nice concert hall down there, too. They are returning next year for two performances with Franz Welzer-Most conducting. Program to be announced. It will be high on my priority list, for sure.

#884 · (Edited)
Ambushed by Higdon

I attended a concert yesterday evening featuring graduate students from the U-Mich School of Music.

Settling into my seat to enjoy a concert of composers with surnames beginning with G, I opened the program to discover this:

Mikhail Glinka ~ Trio Pathétique for Clarinet, Bassoon, and Piano
Jennifer Higdon ~ Piano Trio
[Intermission]
Edvard Grieg ~ String Quartet, Op. 27

Note the manipulation of the perverse programmer who placed the Higdon after the first work but before the intermission… No chance for escape.

In truth, the second of the two movements of Higdon's trio (unfortunately titled "Fiery Red" to distinguish it from the first movement "Pale Yellow") was well played and had some Prokofiev-influenced drama.

The Glinka and Grieg were fantastic.

Note to the uninitiated reader: I have nothing against Higdon. This is a take-off on the "Ambushed by Dutilleux" meme.

#885 ·
Saturday March 19th, 2016
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Jeffrey Kahane - Conductor and Pianist
David Shostac - Flute
Allan Vogel - Oboe
Kenneth Munday - Bassoon
Richard Todd - Horn
Joshua Ranz - Basset Clarinet
Gernot Wolfgang
Sinfonia Concertante for Four Winds (2015)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Clarinet Concerto in A major, K. 622 (1791)
INTERMISSION
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Piano Concerto #20 in D minor, K. 466 (1785)

#887 · (Edited)
Scheherazade.2
Seattle Symphony
John Adams, conductor; Leila Josefowicz, soloist

Scheherazade.2

So, I bought one ticket, because several weeks ago, upon hearing a random advertisement spot on the radio broadcast, I heard that Mr. John Adams would be returning to Seattle for two concerts of his most recent work, a second violin concerto, Scheherazade.2; that it would be premiered in the hall (not globally/nationally); that he would attend a Q&A afterwards; that the violinist who this was written for will be performing the work; that although the website tells me: $21 - Row A (blocked view), I pay anyway, because I know the joint, and I will deal with the strained neck and new-morning ache, because I get to watch J.A.'s movement and L.J.'s stunning, lively performance in POWER and GRACE, right up front, right up in their breath; and that never hearing this work before, intentionally since learning of this after that first ad, I was expecting to be (and I certainly was) in something like a haze, fugue-like and pretty unspectacular to be around, because for those 50 minutes or so, I was engrossed in something I have never been a part of. Sure, maybe listening to certain performances I have hit the nadirs/zeniths in a retrospective. Being there, however, witnessing and dealing with this absurd performance, as it were, I realized that this thing I was watching, this act -- this was true solo performance. The music + her + the precision backing the apex = EXHIBIT A: THE CONCERTO.

Having said that, if you like Adams, you would like the piece, but it was nothing spectacular of his. The form and variation, from my perspective, was somewhat limited given his catalogue. It was made clear that this piece was the latter's gift -- her own and ours.

And so, then there was Leila Josefowicz. Let us not dally on the virtuosity -- that is expected. Let us no ponder the oeuvre, that she is a champion of modern works, and for that alone, she deserves attention.

Instead, let us marvel in her being her, and her alone. Shredding on stops, she stares down the cellos and basses in return; she culls on Adams; she has got this stance that is almost Diana-like, commanding the orchestra and then on the next turn, staring us (the people) down with threatening gestures; ripping horse hairs on every other break; you have a difficult time looking her in the eye because she stares right back at you; she makes the face that could at one angle look artificial, and on another (within the music) perfectly lost in step and narrative.

HER HAIR IS SHORT YET IT FLOWS BACK LIKE SOME PERPETUAL WIND FLIES IN HER FACE

I watched her and thought: Who else should be doing this?

Read about the work, recent Adams' interviews, etc., and you'd hear how enthralled and enthusiastic and beyond all else, inspired to write this work because of L. Josefowicz. She was the woman he was thinking of, the empowering stalwart of expression, talent, and drive.

John Adams speaks the truth.

Adams, by the way, looked me in the eye like four times, and it made me super uncomfortable because I was truly star-struck, as it were, and was thinking, Holy Hell - John Adams, yo

Edit: Ah, sorry! Also Elgar's March No. 3 and Respighi's Pines of Rome . . . .

G
#888 ·
I attended a wonderful Youth Music Competition winners concert in my town yesterday. OK, it's just not right that a 15 year old pianist can play Ligeti's Etude No.13 ("L'escalier du diable") at all much less as well as the young man did! He also has a very slight build, so I don't see how he made the stretches of 10th, but made them he did! Interestingly enough, his last name is Horovitz, and he wore a bow tie. :)

#889 ·
Rotterdams Philharmonisch - Matthäus-Passion

Rotterdams Philharmonisch Orkest en Laurens Collegium Rotterdam

o.l.v. Pablo Heras-Casado - dirigent

m.m.v. Werner Güra tenor (Evangelist)
Peter Rose bas (Christus)
Camilla Tilling sopraan
Lawrence Zazzo countertenor
Robert Murray tenor
Derek Welton bas.

We had one of the most memorable night this years so far.
Pablo Heras-Casado is a magnificent conductor, the soloist where wonderful and one could hear a pin drop in the auditorium :tiphat:

#890 ·

Renée Fleming - soprano

Hartmut Höll - piano
Programme

R. Schumann - Frauenliebe und -leben, op. 42

Rachmaninoff - In de stilte van de geheime nacht, nr. 3 (uit 'Zes liederen', op. 4)

Rachmaninoff - Ne poy, krasavitsa, pri mne (uit 'Zes romances', op. 4)

Rachmaninoff - De waterlelie, nr. 1 (uit 'Zes liederen', op. 8)

Rachmaninoff - Schemering, nr. 3 (uit 'Twaalf liederen', op. 21)

Rachmaninoff - Lentebeekjes, nr. 11 (uit 'Twaalf romances', op. 14)

Dutilleux - Le temps l'horloge, nr. 1 (uit 'Le temps l'horloge')

Dutilleux - Le masque, nr. 2 (uit 'Le temps l'horloge')

Dutilleux - Le dernier poème, nr. 3 (uit 'Le temps l'horloge')

Dutilleux - Enivrez-vous, nr. 5 (uit 'Le temps l'horloge')

R. Strauss - Das Bächlein, nr. 1 (uit 'Drie liederen, op. 88', op. 88)

R. Strauss - Ruhe, meine Seele, nr. 1 (uit 'Vier Lieder', op. 27)

R. Strauss - Allerseelen, nr. 8 (uit 'Acht Gedichte aus Letzte Blätter', op. 10)

R. Strauss - Meinem Kinde, nr. 3 (uit 'Sechs Lieder', op. 37)

R. Strauss - Die heiligen drei Könige aus Morgenland, nr. 6 (uit 'Sechs Lieder', op. 56)

It was everting I hope for and even more, still great voice for a lady at that age.

It was a night I will never forget.
Such a great artist and so very professional.

Thank you Mrs Fleming and I hope it's not farewell yet .