Banner: The symphonic suite Cantabile

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 205
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: My Symphony Three

  1. #181
    Senior Member Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Classical Symphony No.46:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNeX-ri_ql8
    "Forward, forward!" - Goethe

  2. #182
    Senior Member beetzart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Just listened to Haydn's 7th symphony before yours, Billy. You should try doing that sometime, you might learn something and stop stealing the urine!
    I love Muzio Clementi's music.

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Billy "composes" dozens of "symphonies" so he can say "look at me, I composed a bunch of symphonies". Clearly quality is the last thing on his mind, otherwise he would have appreciated of all the feedback we've given him, and would take his work seriously enough to spend more than a few hours on each symphony. Can you imagine Beethoven composing a symphony in a few hours? He worked on his 5th for several years. Brahms worked on his 1st for almost 20 years. Billy has an extremely shallow and narrow view of classical music, and he is very unrealistic about how he judges his own "work".

    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean, but it really bugs me when people don't even have an iota of curiosity to find out what classical music is all about, and they act like the know all there is to know. It bugs me when I hear people say stuff like, "I like classical music, I just can't name all of the composers", or when they say their favorite classical composer is Gershwin (don't get me wrong, I like Gershwin), or worse yet, "I composed 50 symphonies", and they all sound like they were composed by a toddler fiddling on a Fisher-Price keyboard. It's not like the meaning of music is hidden. Just go to Amazon or iTunes and download some Beethoven symphonies, and enjoy listening to them! Easy to do, if you're CURIOUS!

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Littlehampton, England, UK
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mleghorn View Post
    Billy "composes" dozens of "symphonies" so he can say "look at me, I composed a bunch of symphonies". Clearly quality is the last thing on his mind, otherwise he would have appreciated of all the feedback we've given him, and would take his work seriously enough to spend more than a few hours on each symphony. Can you imagine Beethoven composing a symphony in a few hours? He worked on his 5th for several years. Brahms worked on his 1st for almost 20 years. Billy has an extremely shallow and narrow view of classical music, and he is very unrealistic about how he judges his own "work".

    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean, but it really bugs me when people don't even have an iota of curiosity to find out what classical music is all about, and they act like the know all there is to know. It bugs me when I hear people say stuff like, "I like classical music, I just can't name all of the composers", or when they say their favorite classical composer is Gershwin (don't get me wrong, I like Gershwin), or worse yet, "I composed 50 symphonies", and they all sound like they were composed by a toddler fiddling on a Fisher-Price keyboard. It's not like the meaning of music is hidden. Just go to Amazon or iTunes and download some Beethoven symphonies, and enjoy listening to them! Easy to do, if you're CURIOUS!
    I think you should be as mean as you like - the guy doesn't deserve any better. And yet, here you (and everyone else) are feeding his attention-seeking with yet more posts.

    Ignore the idiot and he'll get bored and go away.
    Last edited by Delicious Manager; Aug-24-2012 at 15:28.

  5. #185
    Senior Member Crudblud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,544
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    In case you hadn't noticed, he hasn't posted anything in four days. He's probably gone, at least for a little while.

  6. #186
    Senior Member jani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    I think that he is composing a relentless Octet fuge. So it might take a while.
    Winning!
    I have on gear, GO!
    Epic winning!
    Do you love Ludwig Van Beethovens music?
    Does his life-story/music inspire you?
    Can you strongly relate to the emotions on his music?


    If you answered positively to all those questions, we have just found the right place for you!
    The only and THE GREATEST LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN FAN CLUB IN TC!!!
    JOIN NOW!!!
    http://www.talkclassical.com/groups/...an-shrine.html

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Littlehampton, England, UK
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crudblud View Post
    In case you hadn't noticed, he hasn't posted anything in four days. He's probably gone, at least for a little while.
    He's probably working on his next symphonic trilogy! Oh, he'll be back as long as people give him the attention he craves.

  8. #188
    Senior Member Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Classical Symphony No. 47:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WakMLpQdHo
    "Forward, forward!" - Goethe

  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    It's better, but it's still bad.

  10. #190
    Senior Member clavichorder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA, U.S.
    Posts
    3,667
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    This thread is hilarious! How did I miss it?
    Ramako and Ravndal like this.

  11. #191
    Senior Member jani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Has Billy stopped composing?
    Winning!
    I have on gear, GO!
    Epic winning!
    Do you love Ludwig Van Beethovens music?
    Does his life-story/music inspire you?
    Can you strongly relate to the emotions on his music?


    If you answered positively to all those questions, we have just found the right place for you!
    The only and THE GREATEST LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN FAN CLUB IN TC!!!
    JOIN NOW!!!
    http://www.talkclassical.com/groups/...an-shrine.html

  12. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Littlehampton, England, UK
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clavichorder View Post
    This thread is hilarious! How did I miss it?
    You got lucky?
    beetzart likes this.

  13. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Littlehampton, England, UK
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jani View Post
    Has Billy stopped composing?
    We can but hope!

  14. #194
    tdc
    tdc is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    I hear lots of great ideas in these works I just crave for some of them to developed, refined a little. Its like each piece is total overkill, and there are the seeds therein for a thousand more pieces. Maybe Billy is ahead of his time, but the pieces presented in this way give me little musical satisfaction and make me crave a sense of direction, some restraint, and some forethought.

    It is too much at once, and far too random and meandering to produce much musical enjoyment for me, though I do hear a lot of potential personally.

  15. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Littlehampton, England, UK
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdc View Post
    I hear lots of great ideas in these works I just crave for some of them to developed, refined a little. Its like each piece is total overkill, and there are the seeds therein for a thousand more pieces. Maybe Billy is ahead of his time, but the pieces presented in this way give me little musical satisfaction and make me crave a sense of direction, some restraint, and some forethought.

    It is too much at once, and far too random and meandering to produce much musical enjoyment for me, though I do hear a lot of potential personally.
    I liken your hearing some good ideas to that analogy of giving enough chimpanzees enough typewriters to write the works of Shakespeare. Billy produces HOURS of inane musical ramblings. The law of averages suggests that he would include some 'good ideas' in there purely by accident. I don't equate that with 'a lot of potential'.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best last symphony?
    By Jeff N in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: Feb-13-2014, 09:22
  2. Nielsen's 5th symphony - Strangest Symphony Of All Time ?
    By superhorn in forum Orchestral Music
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan-02-2014, 20:29
  3. Name that Symphony!
    By GraemeG in forum Orchestral Music
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: May-07-2010, 21:12
  4. State Symphony Orchestra of Russia (Svetlanov Symphony Orchestra)?
    By iceskate in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec-26-2009, 05:19
  5. Symphony No. 1
    By mahlerfan in forum Today's Composers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: May-31-2007, 23:07

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •