Nadia stopped. "How are you so sure?"
"There's something he hasn't told you."
"He's using you."
Nadia grimaced. "Well, of course he is using me. He is helpless otherwise."
"No, I don't mean that way..." he sighed again. They were walking in a hallway, and he led Nadia again into a more secluded area, where no one was walking.
"As a dear
The next evening, Nadia returned to Andrei's house, in lesser spirits than she was before. But she did notice that this evening Andrei wasn't wearing his blindfold. He was "staring" at the wall when she walked in.
"So," Andrei spoke up immediately, with a slightly sarcastic tone, "How was your little excursion?"
"It was wonderful," Nadia replied. "I really enjoyed it for the most part, except for one thing that happened."
In a few days, Nadia's brother Sergei came to her home for a visit.
"I would like to invite you to a ball tomorrow night. A lot of my comrades and some other families from society will be there, but mostly young people. I think you will enjoy it," he said.
"I would love to come!" Nadia smiled. "I work in the evenings but I think my... employer will allow me to go."
"You mean the blind guy?"
The rules will be kept simple: here’s what I found, here’s where I found it, here’s a couple of sentences about it and (possibly) some opinions.
Not unlike Olympic Figure Skating, I will provide two sets of marks (letters A to D) on sound quality (SQ) and on overall impression (OI). These grades are entirely subjective, but here are some guidelines:
About “sound quality”: my point of reference is my iPod (160 GB iPod Classic) with standard earbud-type
Updated Sep-12-2012 at 03:32 by itywltmt
1. Beethoven: Piano Sonata #32 in C minor (op. 111)
2. Beethoven: Symphony #5 in C minor (op. 67)
3. Schubert: String Quintet in C (D 956)
4. Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring
5. Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier
6. Shostakovich: String Quartet #8 in C minor
7. Beethoven: String Quartet #14 (op. 131)
8. Beethoven: Piano Sonata #30 in E (op. 109)
9. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto #2 in C minor (op. 18)
10. Mozart: Requiem Mass in D minor (K.