The picture shows Dave Shepherd leading the combined fiddle groups teaching them chords. I'm sitting on the far right, beyond Dave, against the wall. Luckily you can't see the foxed expression on my face!
Updated Yesterday at 23:54 by Ingélou
Both of my Tuesday Blog posts this month are dedicated to the late great conductor and arranger, Leopold Stokowski. In fact, this week’s selection from the Podcast Vault features three relevant aspects of Leopold – his adaptations of great works for Symphony Orchestra, his incisive conducting and his love for the Baroque.
In recent years, advocates of early instruments and “Historically
Updated Today at 00:08 by itywltmt
1. Quartetto Italiano (1965)
2. Quatuor Ebène (2008)
3. Alban Berg Quartet (1984)
4. Juilliard String Quartet (1959)
1. Barbirolli (cond.), Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (1962)
2. Szell (cond.), Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (1964)
3. Beecham (cond.), BBC Symphony Orchestra (1954)
1. Marcellus, Szell (cond.), Cleveland Orchestra (1961)
2. Shifrin, Schwarz (cond.), Mostly Mozart Orchestra (1984)
3. Pay, Hogwood (cond.), Academy of Ancient Music (1985)