1. Curzon, Vienna Octet members (1957)
2. R. Serkin, Laredo, Naegele, Parnas, Levine (1967)
3. Schnabel, Pro Arte Quartet, Hobday (1935)
4. P. Serkin,
1. Aimard (2001)
2. Ullén (2004)
3. Denk (Books 1-2) (2011)
For this month's Once Upon the Internet, I chose to share a rather recent discovery, and one that brought back lots of personal memories.
About 30 years ago, I was in Graduate School and I was still doing a lot of Classical Music Radio listening. One of the shows I listened to regularly was a CBC Stereo program whose name has changed many times over the years - I think it was then called In Performance.
The program, weeknights at 8 PM, regularly featured live concerts,
1. Mehta (cond.), Sutherland, Pavarotti, Caballé, Ghiaurov, Krause, Pears, London Philharmonic Orchestra, John Alldis Choir (1972)
2. Leinsdorf (cond.), Nilsson, Tebaldi, Björling, Tozzi, Rome Opera Orchestra & Chorus (1959)
3. Molinari-Pradelli (cond.), Nilsson,
1. Michelangeli, Gracis (cond.), Philharmonia Orchestra (1957)
2. Argerich, Abbado (cond.), Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra (1967)
3. Zimerman, Boulez (cond.), Cleveland Orchestra (1994)