Because one CAN be "too sane"
IMO Top 10 Lyrical Melodies (in no particular order)
1. Lyric Poem - primary theme
2. From the Middle Ages - I. Prelude, "love theme"
3. Raymonda - Hymn (main theme of whole ballet),
*honorable mention* - Raymonda Entr'actes of Act I and III
4. Symphony No. 4 - minor-keyed theme of 1st movement
5. The Seasons - Petit Adagio
6. Violin Concerto - Andante (2nd section)
1. Katchen, Suk, Starker (1968)
2. Rubinstein, Szeryng, Fournier (1972)
3. Beaux Arts Trio (1967)
4. Istomin, Stern, Rose (1974)
1. Zimerman (1987)
2. Rubinstein (1959)
3. Moravec (1965)
4. Perahia (1994)
1. Hotter, Bernard (cond.), Philharmonia Orchestra (1950)
2. Lieberson, Smith (cond.), Orchestra of Emmanuel Music (2002)
3. Fischer-Dieskau, Richter (cond.), Münchener Bach-Orchester (1970)
Yes, the Tuesday Blog returns after a summer hiatus, but we will be changing things somewhat programming-wise.
One thing I discovered during this long summer break was that it’s really nice to have time to dedicate to other things! In an effort to try and do just that going forward, I decided to significantly reduce my activities here and elsewhere, at least for the foreseeable future. I plan to post maybe a few times a month on TC, with an emphasis on providing
Updated Sep-28-2015 at 03:04 by itywltmt