Hello again! Getting pumped yet?? I know I am!! August 10, mark the date!! But honestly, the whole month of August is a celebration, and now too.
This year I graduated from my university, and had to do a Senior Recital as one of my last undergraduate requirements. I performed a tribute to Sibelius, Nielsen and Glazunov on my program, made up of transcriptions, arrangements, etc. I recommend hearing all of them, but to hear only the Glazunov piece, skip to 8:10 ... see what I did there?
Every year, I've tried to do something special for Glazunov for his birthday August 10. One year it was a long set of blogs, another year just a bunch of videos I compiled, or going about posting his music for heck's sake. One year I listened to like 4 hours of his music in one day. I mean, just a tad more than the usual day.
But now is the 150th! What can I do that would be especially commemorative??
Well, I've been
1. Haitink (cond.), Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (1976)
2. Stokowski (cond.), NBC Symphony Orchestra (1943)
3. Boulez (cond.), Cleveland Orchestra (1991)
4. Dutoit (cond.),
1. Reiner (cond.), Chicago Symphony Orchestra (1960)
2. Beecham (cond.), Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (1957)
3. Kondrashin (cond.), Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (1979)
Updated Jul-15-2015 at 07:54 by Trout
1. Tátrai Quartet (1964)
2. Quatuor Mosaïques (2000)
3. Carmina Quartet (1993)
4. Tokyo String Quartet (1979)
Updated Jul-13-2015 at 03:04 by Trout