Classical Music Forum banner

What was the last film you watched?

1M views 12K replies 698 participants last post by  Chat Noir 
#1 ·
Just a thread to mention the last film you watched. You may write a little comment about it if you want.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I

I was a bit disappointed and it's my least favourite from the series so far. I can't really say much because I haven't read the book tho.

#7 ·
The last movie / film I saw was Secretariat . I know nothing about horses, racing, or any other type of sports. Why, even the Olympics are Greek to me. I merely went because a lady friend wanted to go. I was surprised at how caught up in it I became. I even did a little research into the horse racing history afterward. The creatures seem to love it, and that was an aspect I had never known before. It does make it more interesting to me.

Usually I live on a steady diet of science fiction, historical dramas, or classics. It was nice to get a little more well rounded (like the rest of me is getting).

#18 ·
Saw the Patrick Stewart/Richard E. Grant version of ACC on Sunday. I quite like it as it invokes the atmosphere and social injustices of early-ish 19th century London well. That said, the Sim portrayal of Scrooge is without equal. I like 'A Muppet Christmas Carol' as well. Oh, and the Blackadder xmas special where the reversal of the Scrooge story is both funny and clever. Hope to see all of these this week.

#19 ·
Last night I went to my daughter's house for our annual screening of It's a Wonderful Life. It has to be one of the darkest Christmas movies I've seen. Jimmy Stewart really looks like he's having a breakdown. Of course, then I had to go to YouTube to see the Saturday Night Live alternate ending with Dana Carvey, where they beat the tar out of Mr. Potter.