Classical Music Forum banner

Profile picture

5K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Krummhorn 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I want to upload a profile picture and I've tried the control panel, then edit profile picture, but I get this:

Kieran, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks! :tiphat:

#2 ·
Hi Kieran,

No ... there is a good reason why you (or any other member of this forum) are unable to access your profile page. Read on:

Last December we were forced to make a drastic change due to reasons posted in this announcement thread.

We are hoping that once we upgrade the forum software to the newest version, that we can re-enable profile access to all members.

Mods and Admins, of course, can access member profiles and are able to temporarily assist in installing a profile picture/Avatar. I've sent you a PM on this matter outlining how to accomplish this and what we need from you.

#6 ·
I think we're all in the same boat. I can't access any of the "options" that used to be listed in the User Control Panel. I can't put up an avatar, or change anything that currently exists. There's no possibility of sending or receiving PMs to other members. When is all this going to be resolved?

#11 ·
It's not that we don't allow it ... due to a severe spammer attack last year, we, along with other forums, were forced to remove access to profiles for all members.

See THIS THREAD in the Announcements forum.

We are working the issue ... in the meantime, if there is an Avatar you would like to have in your profile, let me know via PM, and I can work with you to get it in place. The maximum size for an Avatar can be 100 x 100 pixels or 25.0 KB, whichever is smaller.

#20 ·
Same here.

Art Rock, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

#26 ·
Ah, I see, of course! I had forgotten about that change and didn't consider the possibility that it was a deliberate decision because there has been so many changes to the settings that were not intended after the upgrade.

It was a necessary decision at the time, but now - after the upgrade - we have some new spam-fighting weapons at our disposal, so hopefully it will not be necessary to remove the ability again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.