Classical Music Forum banner

Who is the most liked member in TC by everyone?

8K views 107 replies 39 participants last post by  Huilunsoittaja 
#1 ·
Who is the TC member who is most liked by everyone? The member who remains neutral on the TC debates and the one who is generally civil to every other members. :) The member who respect the other tastes in music. Give your nominations. You could not include yourself obviously.

I'll go ahead and choose : pjang23 :)

See less See more
Reactions: pjang23
#47 ·
Sadly, my intense hatred for Lenfer weighs down the average and makes it impossible for her to win.

In the spirit of OP I would think Kopachris and sospiro very even and likeable people, but perhaps not prolific enough to be "most liked".

My personal favourites for a variety of reasons are Aksel, brianwalker, COAG, Crudblud, emiellucifuge, HarpsichordConcerto, Itullian, Jeremy Marchant, Philip, science, Sid James, sospiro, StlukesguildOhio, superhorn, and more recently, TrazomGangflow, to mention only currently-active members and probably miss a few.

#51 ·
Does anyone happen to like me here? Just curious. Not gonna vote for myself since I neglect this forum most of the time.

#55 ·
I'll give it a week, and I'll tally all the nominations. Then, I'll post a poll into another board. The one who will win will get an award, "TC Most Liked Member".

So far, Lenfer and Sid James are absolutely on the list. So, keep drumming your nominations. :)

#66 · (Edited)
Tough thread. In reality, there are a lot of people on the site that I think deserve a shout-out, whether they qualify as most-liked or not, for being mostly positive personalities ('mostly', because we all have our mad moments, don't we? ;))

So, I'm going to offer a few shout-outs, and rather than make a big long list, I think I'll do them one at a time so they'll get more notice.

I'd like to start with Samurai - 2100+ posts, 3700+ likes received, 6500+ likes given

Man, you put a lot of us to shame, brother.

Here's to you. :tiphat:

#74 ·
So many things happened during my one month stay with him. I can't remember it all, but yes I did knock over his fortepiano, it's the other fortepiano incident that we both did together to someone else's that I'm talking about. No one else actually knows about how we built that canoe until now. The leaky old thing didn't stay together for very long....

Yes knocking over his piano early on was very unfortunate, but he was a very forgiving person at the time. The canoe/fortepiano incident where we "borrowed" the instrument that was used during rehearsals for one of his operas for a bit of sailing and singing some of his very rude canons. I must remember not to tie the wood together with gut strings next time... :rolleyes::lol:

#75 ·
Today, I'd like to first go outside the box a bit to give a shout-out to itywltmt, blogger extraordinaire. Ity's nature precludes him from often sharing in the forum, but the site has benefitted from his tireless efforts to entertain and enlighten on the "main page", and it would be a far lonelier and bleaker place without him.

:clap:

Hat's off also to mmsbls, another member of the over 2,000 post club (in fact, way over) who, even without a passion for the most modern of musics, can be depended on for interesting and not-too-wordy (or provocative) comments week after week.

:tiphat:

#81 ·
:D I like both of these folks.

However, one of the posts close-by intimates that 'even tempered is a criterion. @science does not meet my standard for even tempered; on the volatile side, I think.

As I'm sure you all know, 'even tempered' only means consistent. @moody is even tempered. I am even tempered.

:cool:

Reactions: Lenfer
#84 ·
Ok my favorite members are COAG and neoshredder + everyone who thinks that Beethoven is the greatest composer ever.
Don't worry i love you all, even the males ( No homo).

#95 ·
I like anyone who gives people here respect, which is most people. I would nominate samurai as being like that always. The man is a good model for us all, I think.

I thank those who nominated me but I have veered off track with too many rants. I'm trying to clean up my act now. But I am participating less here now, including as it was getting kind of addictive for me, so I'm visiting here 'in between (quite a few) drinks' now, so to speak.

#100 ·
I like all you old members that have stayed here (2 years+). I call you all "Veterans" and show you care about talking about music. :)

And will you all like me better for my currently new Arensky avatar?? :D

#101 ·
I suppose it's better than dinosaurs but as you know it's supposed to be Geezers---and yes we care very much which is why we get hot under the collar sometimes.
You can't live with something for over half a century and not care-it is a bit like being married. No it isn't it's better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.