Classical Music Forum banner

Internet Radio Stations?

9K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  campy 
#1 ·
Is there anyone here who might recommend various classical stations available on the internet, ones that you listen to?

Every now & then at work I listen to New Zealand National Radio, the concert station HERE.

Its a pretty good mix, though I have a bit more of a leaning toward more modern classical as well, but its quite good (its nice having the playlist available too).

Anyone else? I certainly wouldn't mind bookmarking some other great classical stations...

#34 ·
Here is some ideas for tag names that I use for last.fm radio. Concerto Grosso, Piano Concerto, Violin Concerto, Oboe Concerto, Trumpet Concerto, Guitar Concerto. So yeah all these tags have had music added to them by other people listening to last.fm radio and decided to tag it.

#42 ·
http://combofm.de will allow you to combine 2 or more artists or styles to yield music in the wake of all of them simultaneously. This feature can't be found on the last.fm website. Overall it's cool, but not good for finding specific styles and individual tracks unless you're really into statistics. Pandora's a little better in that regard.

Things you should know:
-make sure each entry is spelled exactly as it's spelled on last.fm
-put the most popular artists first and the least popular last
-many stations may work when they hadn't before, once you follow those 2 steps
-"or" means by itself, "and" means to combine. best to keep it simple or it may not do what you intend
-recommend the mainstream slider in the middle, but feel free to play with it

#43 ·
I've stopped listening to my local Classical radio, and only listen to these from the Bay and Sacramento areas: