Classical Music Forum banner

what kind of classical music bring you peace of mind?

3K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  hpowders 
#1 · (Edited)
For rhe moment it's Antoine Brumel and his franco-flemish fraternity or music school..
im so angry if this music would nott exist i would kill...

Im a bitter man , im a depress man, im a broken man, and lastly im real angry , i hardly enjoy life
since life rubbish whit me...

The flemish polyphonie give a sense to hold on to, to my life, my life make no sense, luck dosen'aint come around me only my friends my enemie score exactly what i want exotic flower from asia(let's us euphemism, and yes i take personnal, yes im angry has hell, i confess

Im starting to hate these lotus lady(let's use euphemism for fun factor) when there is no fun in this,
but yeah if this marveleous renaissance music did not exist i would not be there talking i would fetch a rope and no more deprofundis, i feel insulted, life ain't fair to me, and i wont says im the freakig problem and do an exercize of conscient i done this too mutch all ready.

So i thank flemish polyphonie for being something that i could hold on to in my miserable life,have a nice day folks

mister de profundis says salute to his buddy on TC have a nice day or night whatever sit you

See less See more
Reactions: hpowders
#3 ·
The music of Haydn when he's on song, in a good performance (e.g., Marriner's "Named Symphonies box) or Kuijken/OAE Paris symphonies. This isn't just lotus eating music though (maybe in some slow movements...) The fast movements gee you up, but you still feel peaceful. Someone famous once said Haydn is music to make you sane, I can see that. Careful though, some is a boring plod, background music to not divert the prince's conversation at dinner methinks. Can't have the music sounding better than the prince, but it must be great if he wants to listen (so 1/3 is great...)

#7 · (Edited)
To elaborate a little on my previous post, I've suffered "mild" anxiety attacks with heart palpitations. Too many years getting ongoing calls from angry people at work I suspect. Music has not helped, but eliminating coffee has eased it quite a bit. If music worked, I could still enjoy my coffee.

But I still love music. It engages my intellect and emotions like nothing else can.

#15 ·
To elaborate a little on my previous post, I've suffered "mild" anxiety attacks with heart palpitations. Too many years getting ongoing calls from angry people at work I suspect. Music has not helped, but eliminating coffee has eased it quite a bit. If music worked, I could still enjoy my coffee.

But I still love music. It engages my intellect and emotions like nothing else can.
My best to you. I had a bad bout of anxiety lasting a couple of years back after my four year old daughter was born. If you haven't consider checking in with your doctor just to make sure it's not another medical condition triggering these episodes.

#9 ·
What kind of classical music brings me peace of mind? Well, at the moment it is the J.S. Bach Cello suites. These works for unaccompanied cello are so spare, so minimalist (if a Baroque piece can be considered minimalist) that it soothes my savage breast. Contemplation of these master works helps me a great deal when it comes to anger management.

Reactions: hpowders
#18 ·
I suffer from anxiety disorder. When i feel very bad i play medieval sacred music, it really helps. I also find the music of Arvo Part to have a therapeutic and peace bringing effect on me.
CHEERS!

Medieval music is very soothing and has a calming effect on me as well. I also like you threw Part in there, his music is so lovely and doesn't blast the listener aggressive modernism.

I've always found Handel's oratorios to be very uplifting and soothing to the mind. There is something so innately spiritual about his music that comforts me when I'm distressed or anxious.

#19 ·
The two sparkling little gems by Beethoven, Keyboard Sonatas, No. 24 in F Sharp Major, Op. 78 and No. 25 in G Major, Op. 79.

Makes me so grateful to be alive to be able to listen to these. They perk me right up!

I just wish I could give Beethoven a great big hug!

Maybe I was wrong. Perhaps he was a god after all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.