Classical Music Forum banner

An app for music study?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jegreenwood 
#1 ·
I just finished a music appreciation course on Bach's works for keyboard and have a slightly more than rudimentary understanding of music theory. I would like to deepen this understanding by analyzing some of these works (starting with the Inventions and moving forward). To do this I'd like to find an app that lets me slow down music without changing pitch. JRiver does this, but the sound often become severely distorted. I also have a DJ app that can do this on my iPad. But maybe there's something better.

By the way, I just received Schirmer's 600+ page Bach Ultimate Piano Collection, so I have lots of music to analyze.

#4 ·
Typically I prefer more "medieval" methods, if you will. I'll purchase scores of the piece in question and analyze it that way. It's much easier to appreciate the music in that sense, and is great practice. It's like learning to read all over again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.