Classical Music Forum banner

Can someone harmonize these two lines? (For study)

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Taggart 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I am trying to learn harmony from a book, and there is this simple line that I could not understand how to harmonize, can someone do it for me? These two lines are the soprano parts, I need to write A-T-B parts. I am a beginner, so please harmonize in the most simple way. Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Music Font

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you! The way you harmonized is explained in the book under the title of "Wide Layout" (Trasnlation may not be very correct, I don't know the English terminology very well) and it is a topic for later, I need to harmonize the lines in "Narrow Layout". So the S-A-T notes should be as close to each other as possible, thirds or forths. Can you do it this way too, please? :) The other examples in the book look like this, how I harmonize the lines should do so too. Rectangle Font Music Parallel Pattern

#5 ·
Thank you very much Torkel! So in 3rd measure, it is alright to connect F Major 8th chord with C Major 5th? The book says this connection is wrong (not on this example, but in earlier ones), we should connect F Major 8th to C Major 3rd. This is the part that I could not understand myself, that is why I asked here. But in this example, that seems to be the only way to do it, right?

#7 ·
I've merged the threads and deleted the references to new threads.

To attach a file in a reply, you have to "go advanced". This gives you access to the manage attachments button so that you can attach a file to your reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.