• Wolfgang Von Schweinitz

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I Have Not Heard Music By Any Of These Composers

Votes: 7 14.6%

Contemporary Composers Poll #18

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Sloe 
G
#1 ·
Please Vote For Every Composer Whose Music You Have Heard.

Previous Polls: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

#3 ·
I voted I Have Not Heard Music By Any Of These Composers. Any recommendations?

G
#6 ·
Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf is, along with the much more popular Per Nørgård, George Crumb, and relatively popular Bernhard Lang, my favorite on this list. Sometimes I think he'd be THE favorite of those four, but there's no point getting into competition with such high quality.

His five volumes of music on the NEOS label, from solo works to works for large orchestra and tape, pump new life into the New Complexity movement in a way that no other composer has been able to. Although younger, with less under his belt, I believe Mahnkopf to have the same level of talent as Ferneyhough and Barrett.

G
#10 ·
Mochizuki is also incredible. Etheric Blueprint <3

Though I remember one time, I was listening to Mochizuki in some earplugs, and I sorta dozed off, and the percussion made me bolt upright, thinking someone was HAMMERING on the door.

G
#15 ·
I remember when Albert posted some links to Bernhard Lang's more crossover-ish stuff with turntablists and rappers and such. Everyone seemed to hate it. I like Paranoia for what it is, though the text is pretty annoying, but I wonder if people would have such dislike for the majority of Lang's work, the Differenz/Wiederholung series and the Monadologie series. Lang's big orchestral works on Col Legno and NEOS pretty much cement him as my favorite Lang, personally ;) (Sorry Klaus and David)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.