Banner: The Hope for brass band, organ, choir, and percussion

Page 105 of 603 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9042

Thread: What was the last film you watched?

  1. #1561
    Senior Member kv466's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hialeah, FL
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's My Boy


    Wusssssuuuuuuuuuup!!!!

  2. #1562
    Senior Member samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    3,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Death of a Salesman, starring Dustin Hoffman, Stephen Lang, John Malkovich, Charles Durning and Kate Reid. Via Netflix
    Whatever floats your boat

  3. Likes Sonata liked this post
  4. #1563
    Senior Member OboeKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Les Miserables for the fourth time in theatres last night (dollar saver cinema). Still teared up during Eponine's death and when Javert placed his medal on Gavroche....

  5. Likes MaestroViolinist, Sonata liked this post
  6. #1564
    Jeff N
    Guest

    Default

    The Campaign, with Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis. It had funny moments, but overall nothing extra special. I'll stick with Step Brothers when I want to watch a Will Ferrel movie.

  7. Likes Chrythes liked this post
  8. #1565
    Senior Member Flamme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Wow what a ride through the tunnel of horrors you expect a hand on your shoulder in the dark after watching i dont remember i was so afraid in a l ong time... Stories are great fun and dread entangled but all with certain moral... Crew is great Ed Harris Leslie Nielsen in a serious role! LOL Even Stephen King in a self parody and his son... One thing is certain this movie stays with you a long time after watching... Suspense is enormous with all their money and effects today they can only dream about coming close to that... I have really enjoyed...

  9. Likes OboeKnight liked this post
  10. #1566
    Senior Member OboeKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamme View Post

    Wow what a ride through the tunnel of horrors you expect a hand on your shoulder in the dark after watching i dont remember i was so afraid in a l ong time... Stories are great fun and dread entangled but all with certain moral... Crew is great Ed Harris Leslie Nielsen in a serious role! LOL Even Stephen King in a self parody and his son... One thing is certain this movie stays with you a long time after watching... Suspense is enormous with all their money and effects today they can only dream about coming close to that... I have really enjoyed...
    Creepshow is great lol. I don't remember which Creepshow this is on (possibly 3??) But the "Father's Day" tale still gives me nightmare's occasionally.

  11. Likes Flamme liked this post
  12. #1567
    Senior Member Feathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    12 Angry Men. Amazing movie!! The beauty of it is that the whole movie took place in one setting (a room), and the whole story consists of dialogues between the same 12 characters, but it's incredibly dramatic.

  13. Likes samurai, Kieran, Vaneyes and 3 others liked this post
  14. #1568
    Senior Member samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    3,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    @ Feathers, Which version did you see? The original with Lee J. Cobb or its remake with Jack Warden, I believe? Both are fantastic, in any event!
    Whatever floats your boat

  15. #1569
    Senior Member samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    3,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Via Netflix, The Iceman Cometh, starring Robert Ryan, Lee Marvin, Frederic March and Jeff Bridges. My interest in Eugene O'Neill has been duly rekindled, although I found this version to be somewhat long and slightly boring {perhaps intentionally on its author's part?}. Now I intend to read this play and some of his others as well.
    Last edited by samurai; Mar-18-2013 at 04:52.
    Whatever floats your boat

  16. Likes Vaneyes liked this post
  17. #1570
    Senior Member Feathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    @ Feathers, Which version did you see? The original with Lee J. Cobb or its remake with Jack Warden, I believe? Both are fantastic, in any event!
    The original one (1957). I haven't watched the remake, but it'd be interesting to compare the two!

  18. #1571
    Senior Member KenOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    19,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    12 Angry Men was Sidney Lumet's first movie. I'm not sure he ever did better.

    I haven't seen the remake, but critical comment seems to be that it's quite good -- but why bother?


  19. Likes moody, PetrB liked this post
  20. #1572
    Senior Member MaestroViolinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Last thing I watched was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
    If there is anyone here whom I have not insulted, I beg his pardon.
    Johannes Brahms


    MaestroViolinist

  21. Likes DrKilroy liked this post
  22. #1573
    Senior Member Sonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Ferris Bueller's Day Off: a high-school comedy classic.
    Stabat Mater & Requiem Project:

    REQUIEMS
    Dvorak
    Faure Requiem
    Mozart
    Rossini
    Salieri
    Verdi

    STABAT MATERS
    Boccherini
    Dvorak
    Haydn
    Mayr
    Poulenc
    Rossini
    Steffani
    Vivaldi

  23. #1574
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    Via Netflix, The Iceman Cometh, starring Robert Ryan, Lee Marvin, Frederic March and Jeff Bridges. My interest in Eugene O'Neill has been duly rekindled, although I found this version to be somewhat long and slightly boring {perhaps intentionally on its author's part?}. Now I intend to read this play and some of his others as well.
    I saw this in its original release. Understandably, this 4-hr film had a limited run on a limited number of screens.

    It was a marathon. Some of the audience quit early. I pulled the plug on it at about the halfway mark. No interest in a revisit.

    Even more bizarre, a Chinese "The Iceman Cometh 3D" (a comedy action yarn, similar in title only) continues to be an expensive work in progress.

    http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/ne...085400198.html

  24. #1575
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KenOC View Post
    12 Angry Men was Sidney Lumet's first movie. I'm not sure he ever did better.

    I haven't seen the remake, but critical comment seems to be that it's quite good -- but why bother?

    I remain loyal to the '57. The dynamics were changed with the '97 William Friedkin directed (George C, Scott, Jack Lemmon) TV movie, in that black and latino jurists were introduced.

Similar Threads

  1. What makes a good film score? A discussion of WHY you love your fav. film scores
    By Zuo17 in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan-28-2020, 13:56
  2. Will Film Music last?
    By Cortision in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Dec-05-2017, 20:47
  3. Paderewski’s film debut: 1937
    By RonPrice in forum Musicians
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul-14-2014, 13:30
  4. 'The tail wagging the dog': Film scores > the Film- Examples
    By Rondo in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jan-24-2012, 23:27
  5. The Village - alternatives for graduation film
    By daan in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep-08-2009, 01:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •