Banner: The Hope for brass band, organ, choir, and percussion

Page 638 of 650 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 9747

Thread: What was the last film you watched?

  1. #9556
    Senior Member Joe B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Astral Plane 7-B
    Posts
    5,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldiat View Post
    do not forget these flicks:Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds
    ..........I'm on it!..........
    I love music. I want music. I need music.

  2. #9557
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacck View Post
    Russia started WW2,
    An interesting analysis. Is this a personal view of history, or are you referencing some other source?

  3. #9558
    Senior Member Jacck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    4,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    An interesting analysis. Is this a personal view of history, or are you referencing some other source?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50955273

  4. #9559
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So, not quite the reputable analysis I was envisaging - just a row between two individuals who want to write their own version of what happened.

  5. #9560
    Senior Member Jacck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    4,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    So, not quite the reputable analysis I was envisaging - just a row between two individuals who want to write their own version of what happened.
    "The Nazi invasion of Poland came just a week after Hitler's Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop and Soviet Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov had signed a non-aggression pact on 23 August 1939, which stunned the world. A secret clause in the pact carved up Eastern Europe into Nazi and Soviet spheres of influence, allowing the two dictators - one fascist, the other communist - to occupy and dismantle Poland."

    the fascists in Germany and fascists in Russia made a pact to carve up eastern europe, and after Hitler thus got green light from Stalin, he invaded Poland. Russia invaded Poland too. So yes, the Russians are responsible for the start of WW2. Their current state is totally based on WW2 mythology and victory in the "Great Patriotic War". They have no positive vision for the future, so all that remains is a mythologized heroic past.

  6. Likes Mifek liked this post
  7. #9561
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacck View Post
    "The Nazi invasion of Poland came just a week after Hitler's Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop and Soviet Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov had signed a non-aggression pact on 23 August 1939, which stunned the world. A secret clause in the pact carved up Eastern Europe into Nazi and Soviet spheres of influence, allowing the two dictators - one fascist, the other communist - to occupy and dismantle Poland."

    the fascists in Germany and fascists in Russia made a pact to carve up eastern europe, and after Hitler thus got green light from Stalin, he invaded Poland. Russia invaded Poland too. So yes, the Russians are responsible for the start of WW2. Their current state is totally based on WW2 mythology and victory in the "Great Patriotic War". They have no positive vision for the future, so all that remains is a mythologized heroic past.
    Smart Russians, eh. "Start" a war by getting another country to actually begin the military action, and then let them be blamed by the conventional historians whose analysis is that Germany started it.

    I'm not buying it. But this would need to be continued in another thread if you wish to continue to make this case, as you've still not sourced a reputable historian.

  8. #9562
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    An interesting analysis. Is this a personal view of history, or are you referencing some other source?
    Try this:



    Nazi-Soviet victory parade in 1939 after both Germany and Soviet Union invaded and defeated Poland:

  9. #9563
    Senior Member Flamme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kingdom Of CHAZ
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hmmmm isnt Poland that country that ''butchered'' the poor chehoslovakia just before the world war broke?
    'Listen, Mister god!
    Isn't it boring
    to dip your puffy eyes,
    every day, into a jelly of clouds?'

  10. #9564
    Senior Member Red Terror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifek View Post
    Try this:

    Nazi-Soviet victory parade in 1939 after both Germany and Soviet Union invaded and defeated Poland:
    Stalin rounded up the Jewish refugees and returned them to the Gestapo — old uncle Joe, the biggest a$$hole of WW2.

    Last edited by Red Terror; Jul-02-2020 at 19:11.

  11. #9565
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifek View Post
    Try this:
    Thanks. What does he say about the idea that Russia started WW2?

  12. #9566
    Senior Member Flamme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kingdom Of CHAZ
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well as some1 from former yugoslavia who has blood of almost all the nations inside himself not only ''serbian'' I can tell that we were taught that he wasnt actually so interested in occupying us and when he tried to mildly influence got slapped by Mr Tito, real man of steel, although stalin means ''man od steel''...So, I think from an objective pov he wasnt such a ''big, scary man'' the west often describes him...In our history its even said that he was disappointed and confused how easily the west gave up on eastern/central europe...In my country he even supported a vote with topic ''Monarchy or Republic''...Yes we actually had that in years immediately after WW2...In my experience with eastern and central europeans, not all I underline, but in this instance poles and ukrainians I saw lots of vanity, going to egomania even and thiking world and other ppl owe them something, this espcialy ukrainians, but poles as well...I think the word grifter is almost a perfect description...
    'Listen, Mister god!
    Isn't it boring
    to dip your puffy eyes,
    every day, into a jelly of clouds?'

  13. #9567
    Senior Member perempe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eger
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Eliminators (2016)
    The Debt Collector (2018)
    The Debt Collector was better. between these two Scott Adkins movies I saw 1917.

  14. #9568
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Thanks. What does he say about the idea that Russia started WW2?
    He says what every modern historian knows, namely that Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany were partners in the first part of WW2. The invasion of Poland in September 1939 was the work not only of the Nazis but also of the Soviets. Stalin had made a pact with Hitler - to call the invasion of Poland “Hitler’s war” is therefore incorrect.

  15. #9569
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifek View Post
    He says what every modern historian knows, namely that Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany were partners in the first part of WW2. The invasion of Poland in September 1939 was the work not only of the Nazis but also of the Soviets. Stalin had made a pact with Hitler - to call the invasion of Poland “Hitler’s war” is therefore incorrect.
    I didn't, so that's alright.

  16. #9570
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Smart Russians, eh. "Start" a war by getting another country to actually begin the military action, and then let them be blamed by the conventional historians whose analysis is that Germany started it.

    I'm not buying it. But this would need to be continued in another thread if you wish to continue to make this case, as you've still not sourced a reputable historian.
    Weren't you one and the same person who tried to bring me into line for not sticking to the terms of the OP? In this case it's about FILM and not global politics. Stick to your knitting and please adhere to the constraints you willingly issue to others.

  17. Likes MacLeod liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. What makes a good film score? A discussion of WHY you love your fav. film scores
    By Zuo17 in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan-28-2020, 13:56
  2. Will Film Music last?
    By Cortision in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Dec-05-2017, 20:47
  3. Paderewski’s film debut: 1937
    By RonPrice in forum Musicians
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul-14-2014, 13:30
  4. 'The tail wagging the dog': Film scores > the Film- Examples
    By Rondo in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jan-24-2012, 23:27
  5. The Village - alternatives for graduation film
    By daan in forum The Movie Corner: Music for Cinema and TV
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep-08-2009, 01:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •