Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 196 to 201 of 201

Thread: Opera on DVD/Blu-ray/CD Chat

  1. #196
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

  2. #197
    Senior Member JosefinaHW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default

    Wagner, The Ring, Furtwangler, 1953, Orchestra Sinfonica e Coro della Radio Italiana, Legacy Box Set

    Last edited by JosefinaHW; May-02-2019 at 01:58.


  3. Likes Fritz Kobus, The Conte, Barbebleu liked this post
  4. #198
    Senior Member Barbebleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    3,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosefinaHW View Post
    Wagner, The Ring, Furtwangler, 1953, Orchestra Sinfonica e Coro della Radio Italiana, Legacy Box Set

    What sort of lunatic price are they asking for this depth-charge of a box!

    Aha! Found it on Amazon UK. £559.98 + £5.23 postage. Hilarious. Is that about $700?
    Last edited by Barbebleu; May-02-2019 at 16:47.
    Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate!

  5. Likes The Conte liked this post
  6. #199
    Senior Member JosefinaHW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbebleu View Post
    What sort of lunatic price are they asking for this depth-charge of a box!

    Aha! Found it on Amazon UK. £559.98 + £5.23 postage. Hilarious. Is that about $700?
    I got it for $105/$120 (don't remember which of the two)!!! I really lucked out.

    It's funny you say depth-charge. I wouldn't have thought of that, but those gorgeous blues remind me of both swimming and a winter's night.


  7. Likes Barbebleu liked this post
  8. #200
    Senior Member Fritz Kobus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Next to Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    12,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosefinaHW View Post
    I got it for $105/$120 (don't remember which of the two)!!! I really lucked out.

    It's funny you say depth-charge. I wouldn't have thought of that, but those gorgeous blues remind me of both swimming and a winter's night.
    Depth-charge? Wouldn't that be the Bohm Ring?
    "All of Italian opera can be heard in [Bellini's] "Ah! non creda [mirarti]."
    --Renata Scotto in "Scotto, More Than a DIva."

  9. Likes Barbebleu liked this post
  10. #201
    Senior Member apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Malden, MA, USA
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got that big Furtwangler set for something less than $100 when it was first released.

  11. Likes Fritz Kobus liked this post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Similar Threads

  1. Miscellaneous Opera-related Chat
    By FragendeFrau in forum Opera
    Replies: 1696
    Last Post: Sep-24-2019, 12:43
  2. 'Members Chat'
    By dmg in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb-15-2011, 05:59
  3. How we chat with own city members?
    By bartonhold in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug-18-2010, 06:55
  4. Classical Music Chat Room
    By Ignis Fatuus in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov-07-2009, 06:04
  5. Sat 5PM EST (GMT -5), 9PM GMT 0 VIDEO CHAT SCHEDULED
    By living_stradivarius in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov-02-2008, 14:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •