Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: For El Guapo's Fans

  1. #1
    Senior Member MAuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    1,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default For El Guapo's Fans

    Looks like he's signed on with Rolex as well as BMW.

    Anyway, ignore the watches and enjoy the view.

    http://www.rolex.com/en#/world-of-ro...jonas-kaufmann

  2. #2
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default



    Very nice ...
    Ann

  3. #3
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, after all that resistance to talk about his looks (not to mention all the sniggering from Mrs Guapo) he's really going down the eye-candy route!
    Natalie

  4. #4
    Senior Member MAuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    1,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If this clip from a German TV production about him ("Ein ganz normaler Held") can be beleved, Mrs. Guapo finds all the talk about his looks "insulting."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqluUBB-AM

  5. #5
    Senior Member Almaviva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAuer View Post
    If this clip from a German TV production about him ("Ein ganz normaler Held") can be beleved, Mrs. Guapo finds all the talk about his looks "insulting."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqluUBB-AM
    I don't speak German. Could you please write down a translated version of what he said?
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Aksel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almaviva View Post
    I don't speak German. Could you please write down a translated version of what he said?
    If I'm not too mistaken (mind you, it's very likely that I am), she was saying that she finds it insulting that people only talk about JK's looks and not his singing. That was at least what I got out of it. But I might be wrong.


    But he does look handsome in that Rolex picture.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Almaviva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksel View Post
    If I'm not too mistaken (mind you, it's very likely that I am), she was saying that she finds it insulting that people only talk about JK's looks and not his singing. That was at least what I got out of it. But I might be wrong.
    This much I got, but I was curious about what Mr. Kaufmann had to say about it.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  8. #8
    Senior Member MAuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    1,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almaviva View Post
    This much I got, but I was curious about what Mr. Kaufmann had to say about it.
    He himself doesn't say very much about it -- at least not in this video clip. The lead-in to the whole topic of his "sex appeal" essentially says that, in today's media culture, good looks on top of talent certainly don't hurt. In fact, they tend to be what the popular media focus on. And, yes, Frau Guapo says that all of the focus on his sexy looks is insulting because it doesn't reflect his true personality.

    Of course, I'm sure you spotted that little segment where he and La Bellissima are rehearsing "La Traviata" for the ROH!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Almaviva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAuer View Post
    He himself doesn't say very much about it -- at least not in this video clip. The lead-in to the whole topic of his "sex appeal" essentially says that, in today's media culture, good looks on top of talent certainly don't hurt. In fact, they tend to be what the popular media focus on. And, yes, Frau Guapo says that all of the focus on his sexy looks is insulting because it doesn't reflect his true personality.

    Of course, I'm sure you spotted that little segment where he and La Bellissima are rehearsing "La Traviata" for the ROH!
    Ah, ok, I thought he might have made comments about his own looks as well in other parts of the clip.

    Yep, but Anna La Belissima looks weird there. With the long black hair, she looks like Angela Georghiu!
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

  10. #10
    Senior Member MAuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    1,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almaviva View Post
    Yep, but Anna La Belissima looks weird there. With the long black hair, she looks like Angela Georghiu!

    Now that IS scary!

  11. #11
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    The Jonas Kauffman phenomenon

    Señor Guapo might not be too happy with the final comment

    And he does look fabulous
    Ann

  12. #12
    Senior Member MAuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    1,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    The Jonas Kauffman phenomenon

    Señor Guapo might not be too happy with the final comment
    Since it was preceded by a lengthy, glowing tribute to his vocal prowess, he might not be too displeased . . .

  13. #13
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAuer View Post
    Since it was preceded by a lengthy, glowing tribute to his vocal prowess, he might not be too displeased . . .
    Actually The (gentleman) doth protest too much, methinks.. I think it's a lot of PR guff & he will know that the way he looks doesn't harm his career one iota.
    Ann

  14. #14
    Senior Member DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    La Scala
    Posts
    3,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Aprill 2011 release............Mario, Mario

  15. #15
    Senior Member Almaviva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post



    Aprill 2011 release............Mario, Mario

    Open Letter to the CEOs in the Music Industry

    Please stop releasing attractive new opera DVDs for, say, the next five years. I, the customer, am in trouble here, drowning under a huge unwatched pile, receiving every month scary credit card bills, and considering a move to North Dakota just like a participant of a witness protection program, in order to escape the Unwatched Police. I like my neighborhood, North Dakota is too cold and in the midle of nowhere, and I'm not sure if they have a decent opera company.

    Since every rule must have an exception, I trust that you'll continue to release new DVDs of Anna Netrebko La Bellissima.

    Sincerely,

    Almaviva.
    "J'ai dit qu'il ne suffisait pas d'entendre la musique, mais qu'il fallait encore la voir" (Stravinsky)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting metal fans involved with classical music
    By Conservationist in forum Non-Classical Music
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Dec-23-2020, 01:41
  2. R. Strauss Opera fans?
    By linz in forum Opera
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: May-16-2018, 11:32
  3. Calling all Jane Austen fans
    By Padawan in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep-14-2009, 02:08
  4. Killer Deal for all Classical Music Fans!
    By ajbarnes in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct-31-2008, 17:13
  5. Hello Fellow Classical Music Fans!
    By messiaenfanatic in forum New Members - Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Dec-22-2007, 06:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •