Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: My home movies.

  1. #1
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default My home movies.

    I’m a bit eccentric some might even say a bit mad but I enjoy making little movies.
    I play a rather hapless 1930’s character called Mr Celebrity.
    They’re all completely harmless and inoffensive and rather old-fashioned…..a bit like myself.
    I put a bit of thought into them I’ll be interested in what you think of them.
    This is my channel-

    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrbigarms?feature=mhee

  2. Likes jurianbai, Yoshi, sospiro and 1 others liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    I’m a bit eccentric some might even say a bit mad but I enjoy making little movies.
    I play a rather hapless 1930’s character called Mr Celebrity.
    They’re all completely harmless and inoffensive and rather old-fashioned…..a bit like myself.
    I put a bit of thought into them I’ll be interested in what you think of them.
    This is my channel-

    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrbigarms?feature=mhee


    It's Mr Bean with a pipe!

    Bravo presto - a well produced little gem
    Ann

  4. #3
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks Annie, it’s impossible to be entirely original these days, there are many influences at work in my movies.
    My personal favourite is “The Monster” it took me a week to make-

  5. #4
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    Thanks Annie, it’s impossible to be entirely original these days, there are many influences at work in my movies.
    I know & I meant it as a compliment. Silent movies are incredibly difficult to get right - do you know this one?



    Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    My personal favourite is “The Monster” it took me a week to make-
    I've subscribed to your channel & will check out 'The Monster'
    Ann

  6. #5
    Senior Member Weston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is so much amazing talent here on these forums. Thanks for sharing this channel.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you for sharing those videos, you are very talented.

    I especially enjoyed the "My 10 favorite things" one. I'm having a pretty bad month and that video brought a smile to my face.
    And now for something completely different.

  8. #7
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Thank you for sharing those videos, you are very talented.

    I especially enjoyed the "My 10 favorite things" one. I'm having a pretty bad month and that video brought a smile to my face.
    Thank you, I really enjoy making them and if they bring enjoyment to others it’s a real bonus for me.

  9. #8
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder if anyone recognises the music used in my Monster movie

    The Monster-

    Last edited by presto; Aug-25-2011 at 09:19.

  10. #9
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This one is a bit lighter in character-


  11. #10
    Senior Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair
    Posts
    3,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    You do look "old" in that disguise of straw hat, glasses, bow tie, brown jacket etc. A very good caricature!

  12. #11
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    You do look "old" in that disguise of straw hat, glasses, bow tie, brown jacket etc. A very good caricature!
    Yes it does age me somewhat.
    I enjoyed making this one, as with all my movies it’s the music that really brings them to life, good old Light music!


  13. #12
    Senior Member HarpsichordConcerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    25 Brook Street, Mayfair
    Posts
    3,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    Yes it does age me somewhat.
    I enjoyed making this one, as with all my movies it’s the music that really brings them to life, good old Light music!
    Yes, I liked that. I think the kitchen looked particularly suitable for this character: the cupboards, the handles, the shelves, and the staircase leading to the upper floors all looked the right "age". In fact, if you shot this clip in a modern styled house, then it would not look "right". So you got the correct "studio" setup. And the music was also suitable.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Edward Elgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    I wonder if anyone recognises the music used in my Monster movie
    Its Shostakovich 5! A very good use of this excerpt.

    These films are so charmingly funny!
    When all the paint has been dried, when all the stone has been carved, music shall remain, and we shall work with what remains.

  15. #14
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elgar View Post
    Its Shostakovich 5! A very good use of this excerpt.

    These films are so charmingly funny!
    Spot on, and thank you, I’ve always been drawn to a more genteel humour.

  16. #15
    Senior Member presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarpsichordConcerto View Post
    Yes, I liked that. I think the kitchen looked particularly suitable for this character: the cupboards, the handles, the shelves, and the staircase leading to the upper floors all looked the right "age". In fact, if you shot this clip in a modern styled house, then it would not look "right". So you got the correct "studio" setup. And the music was also suitable.
    All my movies are done at home, my house was built in 1937 and my wife and I have resorted it to how it might of looked back then.
    We’ve spent many happy years locating suitable Art Deco furniture, fixtures and fitting from the 1930’s to deck the house out in an authentic manner, it makes an ideal back drop for my movies.
    Our house is also on filming agencies and we get professional jobs from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The home button
    By Rasa in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr-21-2011, 03:33
  2. Studying at home
    By Signore in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jun-14-2010, 10:07
  3. LP Records need a good home
    By PJF in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr-05-2010, 22:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •