Classical Music Forum banner

Natalia Osipova

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Clouds Weep Snowflakes 
#1 ·
I'm attending the ballet "Giselle" with her starring next month; what should I expect? How good is she? I personally expect a very positive experience; is that correct?

#3 ·
Here's a 2018 review from the New York Times to whet your appetite. The performance was with the American Ballet Theatre.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/20/...an-ballet-theater.html?searchResultPosition=1

In case your are blocked, here are some excerpts..

In 2009, the Russian ballerina Natalia Osipova made an immediate sensation with her debut at American Ballet Theater, dancing the title role of "Giselle" with David Hallberg as her partner. The explosiveness of her jumps, the intensity of her acting, the keen focus with which she heightened the significance of Giselle's relationships with every other character all made powerful impressions.

Since then, her career has taken her elsewhere, chiefly as a principal of the Royal Ballet in London. Giselle remains her calling card. It brought her back to Ballet Theater in 2015 and again on Friday. Mr. Hallberg was her Albrecht, as he has been in most of her Ballet Theater performances of "Giselle."

. . .

Ms. Osipova has become a more startlingly singular artist. Her resources seem only to grow; yet her stage manners have become only simpler and more direct.

Alas, I never saw her perform the role.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.