Classical Music Forum banner

UFOs: Threat or Menace?

80K views 876 replies 54 participants last post by  Luchesi 
#1 ·
For the first time, the Navy has said that the UFO's observed in recent encounters are likely real. Navy spokesman Josepth Gradisher says that "the 'Unidentified Aerial Phenomena' terminology is used because it provides the basic descriptor for the sightings/observations of unauthorized/unidentified aircraft/objects that have been observed entering/operating in the airspace of various military-controlled training ranges." This relates specifically to three encounters, the first in 2004 and the other two in 2015.

Luis Elizondo, the former head of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), speaks of the well-known November 14, 2004 encounter off the San Diego coast: "What the pilots encountered that day was able to perform in ways that defied all logic and our current understanding of aerodynamics. Furthermore, beyond what the pilots saw with their own trained eye, the technological feat they encountered was further verified by the impressive Aegis SPY-1 radar, America's premier radar system at the time, and even gun camera footage and sonar systems from submarines accompanying the carrier." This encounter, part of the multi-day Nimitz incident, is covered in Wiki.

I'm curious if anybody here has any ideas about this, about UFOs generally, has seen a UFO, or even (gasp) been abducted! Anyway, a happy Klaatu Barada Nikto to all!

See less See more
#3 ·
UFOs are definitely real - people have seen things in the sky they cant identify. But there it is a huge unsubstantiated leap from that to claiming that alien spacecraft have visited earth.

Of course its completely logical that if an advanced species traveled light years to reach earth, their primary interest upon arrival would be human anuses

#4 ·
there are good and evil aliens. The evil ones are for example the reptilians, the grays and the annunaki, and the good ones are for example the Pleiadans and the Ashtar Sheran fleet of light. The reptilians have a base on the dark side of the moon and can shapeshift. The grays are responsible for the abductions, cattle mutilians and chemtrails. The crop circles are created by the Pleiadans to effect the human subconsiousness and thus raise the vibration of Earth to a higher level of astral being. The governments know about it, but keep it secret in Area 51 and other places.

#6 ·
I once in the twilight saw a light moving across the sky above our local harbour. I had good eyesight then, and could just make out the silhouette of a helicopter surrounding the light. I said to a man walking nearby, 'Now that is the sort of thing that will get people reporting UFOs'. He said, 'Isn't it? I think it might be.'

So I didn't see a UFO - I just saw how easily people could believe that they'd seen one.

That said, the OP with its talk of cameras, radar and trained observers is a little disquieting... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

G
#12 ·
If you are up in the atmosphere light and other radiation is refracted, reflected. Stratification of the atmosphere can allow an object to become invisible because light is guided by the layer in which it resides, like light in an optical fibre. An object can seem to disappear just because it moved into a different layer of the atmosphere which doesn't allow light to reach the observer.

When you hear government officials or scientists say that a UFO was an optical illusion or a radar anomaly, that's not equivocation. That's reality.

#16 ·
I suspect UFO's have been visiting here for ages, they can't interfere too much with us because that is part of 'the rules'. (Ie - the prime directive type thing) until humans are ready for that step. More truth about how reality actually works is leaked out under the guise of fiction in movies and TV than is given to us in the mainstream news. This also relates to 'the rules'. Humans haven't yet embraced truth and morality so we are still susceptible to being deceived and manipulated by our government. It is a reflection of where we are in our own evolution (retarded). There is certainly evidence of the U.S. military knowing about UFOs as far back as at least the '50's. They have likely reverse engineered some of the craft. This technology is kept hush hush as it would make oil obsolete, and could likely solve a lot of our problems, but the a s s hats in charge are paranoid inept douche bags who are mostly concerned about their own power and weaponizing this technology.

I suspect the reason that all of a sudden the 'powers that be' want people to know about UFOs is because they are planning some kind of false flag attack (project blue beam) so they can stage a fake alien attack and take away more of our rights and freedoms. If this sounds crazy to you and you believe your local news and mainstream media it means you are under mind control. I'm being completely serious in this post by the way. There are also likely paid disinformants on websites like this who will consistently attack views like this to make the person seem crazy. That is how they've programmed people to perceive others who believe in things like UFOs for decades. They only change their agenda when it suits their own purposes.

#28 · (Edited)
I think the abduction thing is especially popular in the US.
Oh yes, and among Kalmykia presidents https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alie...znSIHjAoASQLdRKBy-fso6QltlojaQ7q48y-NCLXEAIDv
There's no trustful public for it in my country at least.

But concerning the OP story/evidence, the Wiki article shows some scepticism. For example, that the fast movement at the end is due to movement in the camera, not the object. But should it be a real encounter with a real machine, it's also fascinating if someone on Earth has developed such vehicles and managed to keep them secret.

#43 ·
Aliens, probably illegal, are now in cahoots with the Russians to influence our elections.
no, Aliens are just scapegoats. It is the Russian mafia that bailed-out the Don after he went bankrupt. His appartements in New York then started to serve the purpose of money laundering for mob money siphoned out of Russia (Putin controls the Russian mob, since in Russia the FSB, mob, business and politics are one entity). Don's father was also working for the New York mafia. Trump is certainly not the good guy whom you consider him to be. He may well be the most corrupt and immoral president the US ever had since its inception.
https://www.amazon.com/Plot-Destroy-Democracy-Undermining-Dismantling/dp/0316484830/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/how-russian-money-helped-save-trumps-business/
the real problem in the US is, that no matter how much evidence you show to his voters, they will not believe or will not care. And that is how democracy dies.

#44 · (Edited)
Wasn't it the summer of 1967 that everybody was seeing things? I recall reading about something in another state, then next week the mother of a schoolmate made the local news when she reported several saucers flying over the east side of town, and the frenzy kept going through the US... books like Incident at Exeter and Anatomy of a Phenomenon were best-sellers... anybody else remember that stuff?

Looking back, I can see how these events were sensationalized. Yet I'm a bit of a sucker for this stuff even though I've been scientifically educated. Paranormal (or paranoid?) phenomena just seems to lurk around me too much to ignore...

#53 · (Edited)
Perfectly reasonable if we could just get the phenomena to cooperate stand still and and pose for a moment.

If something is not meant to be seen, we probably won't see it. This is true for perfectly normal terrestrial phenomena such as murders in a jail cell (for some reason cameras "malfunction" at the worst times)...

Clothing Forehead Chin Glasses Vision care

Sorry for the duplicate images... I can't seem to unattach the unwanted one...

Attachments

#49 ·
If they are out there, they face the same laws of physics and the same tremendous challenges when it comes to observing and exploring the universe.

How could aliens even detect our presence when our fastest signals (visible light, radio waves) have only been around for a very, very short time on the cosmic time scale, assuming they are still detectable at very, very, VERY large distances (I don't think they are).

Let's say there are a bunch of aliens at 30 million light years away from us and let's assume they are very advanced and somehow able to observe earth in great detail. Even those aliens can only see the earth as it was 30 million years ago. Why would they make the enormous effort to travel all the way to earth? To observe the earth's plants and animals? Considering it takes them 30 million years to get here, IF they can travel at the speed of light... Yeah, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Only incredibly advanced aliens, who are able to traverse the universe with very little effort, breaking the laws of physics as we know them, might show up someday at planet earth.
They'd probably observe us, have a laugh, and move on without us ever knowing about it.
And for now, it's safe to assume that the chances of such aliens existing are slim to none.
Remain skeptical.

#54 ·
I agree with all that.
That's an extreme example, 30 million lys.
Only one hundred years ago people didn't suspect there were so many galaxies out there and that we live in only one of them (only since 50 years ago). Until three or four methods of determining distances were found to be reliable enough so that progress about answering this question could begin. Then rudimentary maps could be made and all the cross-checks could be made to improve our view of what's out there, nearby and very distant. Only in the last 30 years or less have we had interesting maps.

So fairly recently we're pretty sure that nothing is close enough to us for it to be cost-effective to visit us (unless they really really want this jewel of a planet, or it's their behavior to roam around and destroy any future competition. ...That might be a logical conclusion. That's what humans have always done, consciously or unconsciously).

#55 · (Edited)
A civilization advanced enough to terraform planets or build artificial ones might be much harder to detect than we are. Much of our mentality about detecting life has been to look for something like ourselves on a planet like ours, with motives like ours, etc....

"Only one hundred years ago people didn't suspect there were so many galaxies" - well, I remember when life on the moon and Mars was pretty much ruled out by anybody who didn't want to be laughed out of their lab job...

Something like the Oumuamua could have just flown by and dropped off who knows what... if the Navy sightings are real, then their ships could have the ability to jump and ride something like Oumuamua like a bull in a rodeo and populate it.

Could even be that Oumuamua might have been OUR chance to get the heck off this planet and we weren't ready...

#57 ·
A civilization advanced enough to terraform planets or build artificial ones might be much harder to detect than we are. Much of our mentality about detecting life has been to look for something like ourselves on a planet like ours, with motives like ours, etc....

"Only one hundred years ago people didn't suspect there were so many galaxies" - well, I remember when life on the moon and Mars was pretty much ruled out by anybody who didn't want to be laughed out of their lab job...

Something like the Oumuamua could have just flown by and dropped off who knows what...
Yes, there are many stars close by that are millions of years older than our system and if they wanted to hide themselves they probably could. So in every direction we look there might be a super-civilization.

I never thought about Oumuamua (or this new, bigger one that's coming through, just outside the orbit of Mars) dropping off beings or sensors or dangerous things. I guess I'm not suspicious enough as a person, and I should be.

#59 · (Edited)
Just read that Oumuamua is smaller than I thought, however it's the kinetic energy it possesses that matters... while the next one has more comet-like features... but I wonder if for some reason there is an increase in traffic passing through the solar system... and if yet more is on the way... like giant dice tumbling across the galaxy... outcome TBD...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.