Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1754

Thread: Computer Talk

  1. #376
    Senior Member Kontrapunctus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just got a "free" (had to pay tax on it) Verizon Ellipsis tablet. I tried to sync my Google Chrome bookmarks from my PC with it, but it doesn't work. I've followed the online directions--does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. #377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Vaneyes; Jul-30-2016 at 17:21.

  3. #378
    Senior Member millionrainbows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default

    Anti-virus: screw all of it. Use a Mac.

  4. #379
    Senior Member SixFootScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Next to Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    13,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millionrainbows View Post
    Anti-virus: screw all of it. Use a Mac.
    Or wipe Windows from your computer and load Linux Mint.

    Last edited by SixFootScowl; Jul-31-2016 at 02:50.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

  5. Likes cwarchc, Dr Johnson, Xenakiboy and 3 others liked this post
  6. #380
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Mine is a problem. On the keyboard, the Z has stopped working so having to type words without that letter in. I do use phone mainly. Going for repair at weekend!

  7. #381
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    39,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Mine is a problem. On the keyboard, the Z has stopped working so having to type words without that letter in. I do use phone mainly. Going for repair at weekend!
    Not just a bit of dust? Try a small brush , helps me all the time .

  8. Likes Judith, Taggart liked this post
  9. #382
    Sr. Moderator Taggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire (ex-Glasgow)
    Posts
    4,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Mine is a problem. On the keyboard, the Z has stopped working so having to type words without that letter in. I do use phone mainly. Going for repair at weekend!
    As Pugg says, small brush or simply tip the keyboard upside down over a sheet of (Used) newspaper and tap the base gently to free any trapped material.
    Music begins where words leave off. Music expresses the inexpressible.

  10. Likes Judith liked this post
  11. #383
    Senior Member TxllxT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Texel
    Posts
    2,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    As Pugg says, small brush or simply tip the keyboard upside down over a sheet of (Used) newspaper and tap the base gently to free any trapped material.
    If nothing helps, you can always buy a cheap USB plug&play keyboard and push the 'z' on this 2nd one...
    All we like sheep

  12. #384
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,039
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #385
    Senior Member joen_cph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cph, Denmark
    Posts
    5,560
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TxllxT View Post
    If nothing helps, you can always buy a cheap USB plug&play keyboard and push the 'z' on this 2nd one...
    or copy one of the "z"´s from website texts and insert it when necessary.
    Last edited by joen_cph; Aug-04-2016 at 20:29.

  14. Likes TxllxT liked this post
  15. #386
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Champagne, sometimes
    Posts
    1,261
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

  16. Likes Dr Johnson liked this post
  17. #387
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Champagne, sometimes
    Posts
    1,261
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default VPN

    For a variety of reasons I'm thinking of subscribing to a Virtual Private Network.

    Has anyone here ever used one and how have you got on?

    I think that this may be a way of getting the cheap boxsets on Amazon.com via the American servers. Any thoughts?

  18. #388
    Senior Member SixFootScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Next to Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    13,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    For a variety of reasons I'm thinking of subscribing to a Virtual Private Network.

    Has anyone here ever used one and how have you got on?

    I think that this may be a way of getting the cheap boxsets on Amazon.com via the American servers. Any thoughts?
    Might work. I didn't know what a VPN was until I saw your post and googled. This article says it should let you shop other country web sites that otherwise would bar you, but will they ship to your country.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

  19. Likes Wood liked this post
  20. #389
    Senior Member Poodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Florestan View Post
    Might work. I didn't know what a VPN was until I saw your post and googled. This article says it should let you shop other country web sites that otherwise would bar you, but will they ship to your country.
    Careful what you buy, you don't want to end up in jail in another country

  21. #390
    Senior Member SixFootScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Next to Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    13,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
    Careful what you buy, you don't want to end up in jail in another country
    Unless they have an reciprocity agreement with the U.S. to arrest and ship malefactors, or I visit that country and am arrested, I am safe. But first they have to figure out who is hiding behind the VPN.
    Last edited by SixFootScowl; Aug-07-2016 at 13:42.
    "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
    --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Similar Threads

  1. Computer Speakers
    By nefigah in forum Hi-Fi
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Nov-14-2019, 03:08
  2. my computer RIP
    By science in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Jun-20-2018, 12:57
  3. Computer-generated classical music
    By Fsharpmajor in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Oct-01-2014, 09:17
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Nov-27-2011, 08:12
  5. Composition = Computer Programming?
    By SPR in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Mar-30-2010, 16:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •