Page 152 of 177 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2643

Thread: New Releases.......................

  1. #2266
    Senior Member Rogerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Baarle-Nassau.
    Posts
    16,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Out now
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

  2. Likes philoctetes liked this post
  3. #2267
    Senior Member Rogerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Baarle-Nassau.
    Posts
    16,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    I know someone spoke about this , well book 1 .
    release on 10th Jan 2020
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

  4. Likes xankl, Ras liked this post
  5. #2268
    Senior Member wkasimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sharon, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itullian View Post
    >^^^^^^^
    Is this the same set?

    Same recordings, yes.

  6. Likes Itullian liked this post
  7. #2269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  8. #2270
    Senior Member Rtnrlfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    central PA
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerx View Post

    Out now
    Wow, that cover is... I don't even have the words. (And I see that this is a trend for this particular ensemble.)

  9. Likes Rogerx liked this post
  10. #2271
    Senior Member philoctetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As I order the new Beauty Farm with no hesitation, I must ask what is wrong with the cover?

  11. Likes Rtnrlfy liked this post
  12. #2272
    Senior Member gardibolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathuln View Post
    A Japanese release. International edition unlikely.
    Book likely Japanese only too.

    https://tower.jp/article/feature_item/2019/11/22/1110
    I exchanged an email with the owner of Bis a few months back, and he said it was likely there would be a complete collection of the Suzuki choral Bach. I'm assuming it would be something like this. I can't believe he would have mentioned a Japan-only box without saying so.
    Hours of unrecorded, unpublished and unknown Beethoven works at The Unheard Beethoven

  13. Likes Ras liked this post
  14. #2273
    Senior Member jegreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    I exchanged an email with the owner of Bis a few months back, and he said it was likely there would be a complete collection of the Suzuki choral Bach. I'm assuming it would be something like this. I can't believe he would have mentioned a Japan-only box without saying so.
    Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by jegreenwood; Dec-10-2019 at 21:41.

  15. Likes Ras liked this post
  16. #2274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




  17. Likes Ras, flamencosketches liked this post
  18. #2275
    Senior Member wkasimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sharon, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathuln View Post


    This has been out for about four years. Fine set.

  19. Likes Ras liked this post
  20. #2276
    Senior Member Rtnrlfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    central PA
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philoctetes View Post
    As I order the new Beauty Farm with no hesitation, I must ask what is wrong with the cover?
    Insofar as one shouldn't judge a book by its cover - and from the reviews this ensemble gets, I'll definitely be checking them out - that cover's going to be dated really really quickly...

  21. Likes Ras liked this post
  22. #2277
    Senior Member Rogerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Baarle-Nassau.
    Posts
    16,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Release on CD/ DVD - Blue ray
    Countries, check your local websites.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

  23. Likes Ras liked this post
  24. #2278
    Senior Member Ras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chandos will be releasing Beethoven's "Late String Quartets" played by the Brodsky Quartet in January.
    A set with 3 cds.

    Brodsky.jpg

    Includes:
    Grosse Fuge in B flat major, op.133
    String Quartet no.11 in F minor, op.95 'Serioso'
    String Quartet no.12 in E flat major, op.127
    String Quartet no.13 in B flat major, op.130
    String Quartet no.14 in C sharp minor, op.131
    String Quartet no.15 in A minor, op.132
    String Quartet no.16 in F major, op.135
    Last edited by Ras; Dec-12-2019 at 15:02.
    "I only have a hunch in what I've become expert." - Leonard Cohen

  25. Likes Rogerx, Josquin13 liked this post
  26. #2279
    Senior Member flamencosketches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    the Deep South
    Posts
    4,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    Chandos will be releasing Beethoven's "Late String Quartets" played by the Brodsky Quartet in January.
    A set with 3 cds.

    Brodsky.jpg

    Includes:
    Grosse Fuge in B flat major, op.133
    String Quartet no.11 in F minor, op.95 'Serioso'
    String Quartet no.12 in E flat major, op.127
    String Quartet no.13 in B flat major, op.130
    String Quartet no.14 in C sharp minor, op.131
    String Quartet no.15 in A minor, op.132
    String Quartet no.16 in F major, op.135
    Love the artwork, love the label, love the works. Don't know the quartet. Has anyone here heard any of their Beethoven recordings, assuming they are not jumping right in with the famously challenging late quartets?

  27. Likes Ras liked this post
  28. #2280
    Senior Member Ras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamencosketches View Post
    Love the artwork, love the label, love the works. Don't know the quartet. Has anyone here heard any of their Beethoven recordings, assuming they are not jumping right in with the famously challenging late quartets?
    I haven't heard their Beethoven (yes, they recorded Beethoven for Vanguard), but as far as "challenging" string quartet they warmed up with their second complete Shotstakovich cycle also on Chandos:
    Shostakovich.jpg
    "I only have a hunch in what I've become expert." - Leonard Cohen

  29. Likes Josquin13, flamencosketches liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Future opera releases on DVD and Blu-ray
    By Almaviva in forum Opera on DVD, Blu-ray and CD
    Replies: 561
    Last Post: Today, 12:44
  2. Zig-Zag Territoires Releases
    By Dowd in forum Recorded Music and Publications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar-29-2012, 23:04
  3. Guild releases historic Hovhaness,etc.
    By handlebar in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun-05-2009, 15:25
  4. 2 new releases on Wigmore Hall Live!
    By solideogloria in forum Recorded Music and Publications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct-02-2008, 16:36
  5. Dorian Relaunches with new releases!
    By Lute Lover in forum Recorded Music and Publications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov-06-2007, 15:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •