Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: profile

  1. #1
    Newbies
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default profile

    Hi,
    Im logged in but I hit profile and get refused entry
    I hit other settings and find Im not allowed to access them

    thanks for help

  2. Likes Ingélou, Taggart liked this post
  3. #2
    Sr. Moderator Taggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire (ex-Glasgow)
    Posts
    4,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Welcome to the site.

    See the Terms of Service:

    New members access to their profiles is restricted until after having made at least 10 significant posts in any of the Classical music discussion threads. Posts within the Community Forum do not count towards this requirement.
    This rule was introduced to stop spammers putting links on their profile page. Shame how they spoil it for everybody else.
    Last edited by Taggart; May-19-2014 at 20:36.
    Music begins where words leave off. Music expresses the inexpressible.

  4. Likes hpowders, Ingélou, Krummhorn liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Ingélou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    Hi,
    Im logged in but I hit profile and get refused entry
    I hit other settings and find Im not allowed to access them

    thanks for help
    I had the same trouble & the same reply after pm-ing a moderator! Looking forward to reading 'About You' when you've done your Ten Posts. And looking forward to reading the Ten Posts. Welcome to Talk Classical, goldenlight.

    It's so much fun, that these days I practically live here.
    Last edited by Ingélou; May-19-2014 at 20:26.
    ~ Mollie ~
    My fiddle my joy.

  6. Likes Taggart, hpowders, samurai liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Ukko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think this procedure is in place so the moderators can study those 'ten significant posts' to gain insights to your character. Then when you create your profile, they can tell if you are prevaricating.

    I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people don't like me anyway.

  8. Likes Ingélou, Taggart, samurai liked this post
  9. #5
    Senior Member Svelte Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Poorly me sat in bed joined up and have suddenly moved from New member to Junior member in the space of an hour.

    What's that all about then?

  10. #6
    Administrator Krummhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southwestern USA
    Posts
    4,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIV View Post
    Poorly me sat in bed joined up and have suddenly moved from New member to Junior member in the space of an hour.

    What's that all about then?
    There are three main levels currently of membership. With each level (at 10, 50 and 100 posts) more privileges are granted like being able to send/receive more PM's, and storage space for uploading images/documents also increases. It's called an incentive for posting.

    At 100 posts you will then change to Senior Member.
    Kh
    Administrator


  11. #7
    Senior Member Svelte Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks.

    I've read lots and posted quite a bit today.

    Senior member seems a bit of a high-falluting title for just posting 100 posts though as it appears you can post every 45 seconds so technically you could go from newbie to senior member in less than 100 minutes and it appears I've already reached that level over the last 7 or 8 hours.

    I guess it's too late to change the rules but Senior to me should allow for posting over weeks rather than even days let alone a single one.

    I accept the incentivisation but maybe someone who posts really thought-provoking items only occasionally deserves more right to being a senior member than me.

  12. #8
    Senior Member Ukko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIV View Post
    Thanks.

    I've read lots and posted quite a bit today.

    Senior member seems a bit of a high-falluting title for just posting 100 posts though as it appears you can post every 45 seconds so technically you could go from newbie to senior member in less than 100 minutes and it appears I've already reached that level over the last 7 or 8 hours.

    I guess it's too late to change the rules but Senior to me should allow for posting over weeks rather than even days let alone a single one.

    I accept the incentivisation but maybe someone who posts really thought-provoking items only occasionally deserves more right to being a senior member than me.
    Hah. Posting "really thought-provoking items" ain't as important as 'thought before posting' items. That gets even more important if/when you get ticked off at somebody; shooting from the hip makes the mods nervous.

    [extracted from "Ukko's Geezerly Advice On Talk Classical Survival" - no warranty provided.]
    I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people don't like me anyway.

  13. #9
    Senior Member Svelte Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Hah. Posting "really thought-provoking items" ain't as important as 'thought before posting' items. That gets even more important if/when you get ticked off at somebody; shooting from the hip makes the mods nervous.

    [extracted from "Ukko's Geezerly Advice On Talk Classical Survival" - no warranty provided.]
    Oh dear, apologies to anyone as no offence was intended. I will think next time but in defence am poorly in bed so now going to scurry away offline and be quiet. It's nearly dinner time anyway and afterwards it'll be a movie.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't use settings on profile?
    By mythil in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun-05-2012, 08:18
  2. Let me edit my profile...
    By mud in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May-17-2012, 11:19
  3. Can't edit profile
    By Oliver in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr-15-2012, 21:48
  4. Can't Edit Profile
    By BradPiano in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec-26-2011, 03:30
  5. Profile picture
    By Kieran in forum Site Feedback & Technical Support
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jun-21-2011, 06:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •