Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: HELP!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi, I need this as quickly as possible in midi or sheet music (scorch also)

    I dont know the exact name of this tune, but it starts off slowly and with a bit of violin solo sliding of position. I then goes on to a really fast bit with a reapeting pattern. Then towards the end it calms down and ends with a high note followed by 2 octaves down. Please, even if you could tell me the name I could find it!!

    PLZ| Anton THX
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    near Munich/Germany
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can you describe it more exactly? Instruments, genre (e.g. concerto...) etc... And where did you listen to it? Maybe one could get infos there.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Originally posted by Daniel@Oct 26 2004, 05:08 PM
    Can you describe it more exactly? Instruments, genre (e.g. concerto...) etc... And where did you listen to it? Maybe one could get infos there.
    [snapback]2629[/snapback]
    It was a chamber orchestra and it sounded like a sort of, well slow and quiet. There was no part where anyone plays loud. Hmm
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Originally posted by Anton@Oct 26 2004, 05:10 PM
    It was a chamber orchestra and it sounded like a sort of, well slow and quiet. There was no part where anyone plays loud. Hmm
    [snapback]2630[/snapback]
    Oh, and it called hungarian tune, but so many of them! Anton THX
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member Quaverion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you mean Hungarian Dance No. 5 by Brahms?
    It is our imperfections that make us who we are.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No, the beggining is much more smooth and then you get this weird bow technique like one note to a bow and they are very fast so it creates this weird effect.
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member oistrach13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beirut
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Originally posted by Anton@Oct 26 2004, 09:03 PM
    No, the beggining is much more smooth and then you get this weird bow technique like one note to a bow and they are very fast so it creates this weird effect.
    [snapback]2635[/snapback]
    could that be the first hungarian dance?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Originally posted by oistrach13@Oct 27 2004, 02:19 PM
    could that be the first hungarian dance?
    [snapback]2636[/snapback]
    Brahms?

    THX
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It has a sliding position in the beginning. I think on the CD (I cant read it properly) It says Castallo or something like that.
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    near Munich/Germany
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know an italian composer called Castello, but was baroque if i am right.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah I think its the one. anyone helping with what particular piece?
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you read this then email me cause I wont be checking back here too much (see my signiture).
    Email me personnally:Musical_Anton@hotmail.com

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Hi. I don't want to seem ignorant but still learning in depth about music theory. I have seen discussions in forums about "Cycles of Music". Eg Beethoven. Please can I have an explanation? Thank you.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    38,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Hi. I don't want to seem ignorant but still learning in depth about music theory. I have seen discussions in forums about "Cycles of Music". Eg Beethoven. Please can I have an explanation? Thank you.

    Beethoven symphonies (9) are a cycle of music, so are lots of other composers a.k.a. Brahms (4 ) Mozart (41) to name a few.

  15. Likes Judith liked this post
  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugg View Post
    Beethoven symphonies (9) are a cycle of music, so are lots of other composers a.k.a. Brahms (4 ) Mozart (41) to name a few.
    Thank you. Its making sense now!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •