Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91

Thread: Tebaldi...................

  1. #16
    Senior Member Couac Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you didn't have the '58 Butterfly, '58 Bohème and '59 Aida. Those alone could justify the box set.
    This space for rent.

  2. Likes hpowders liked this post
  3. #17
    Senior Member DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    La Scala
    Posts
    3,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Couac Addict View Post
    If you didn't have the '58 Butterfly, '58 Bohème and '59 Aida. Those alone could justify the box set.
    Not sure if I am a buyer of new boxset since I have Tebaldi Puccini boxset and many individual Tebaldi operas that together give me 90% of new set......

  4. Likes Pugg liked this post
  5. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    39,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itullian View Post
    I ordered it at Amazon.de just €99,00 free shipping

  6. Likes hpowders liked this post
  7. #19
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Not sure if I am a buyer of new boxset since I have Tebaldi Puccini boxset and many individual Tebaldi operas that together give me 90% of new set......
    Aw come on DA. You know you must own it.
    Last edited by Itullian; Oct-22-2014 at 19:09.
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

  8. #20
    Senior Member DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    La Scala
    Posts
    3,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itullian View Post
    Aw come on DA. You know you must own it.
    I would be definite buyer if package was more deluxe

    Looks like 66 CDs in generic paper/cardboard sleeves with thick paper booklet, functional but hardly pays respect to one of the greatest opera singers of the post WWII era, no Callas swag.......


  9. #21
    Senior Member Marschallin Blair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I would be definite buyer if package was more deluxe

    Looks like 66 CDs in generic paper/cardboard sleeves with thick paper booklet, functional but hardly pays respect to one of the greatest opera singers of the post WWII era, no Callas swag.......
    The set is delightfully cute and beautifully arranged (for quick and easy access). Unlike other sprawling and cumbersome sets, the Warner remaster box looks great on the top of one of my rosewood book cases.

    . . . and then there's the small, ancillary fact of the Warner set having the best remastered sound of any other complete set.
    Last edited by Marschallin Blair; Oct-22-2014 at 20:42.

  10. Likes Tsaraslondon liked this post
  11. #22
    Senior Member DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    La Scala
    Posts
    3,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marschallin Blair View Post
    The set is delightfully cute and beautifully arranged (for quick and easy access). Unlike other sprawling and cumbersome sets, the Warner remaster box looks great on the top of one of my rosewood book cases.

    . . . and then there's the small, ancillary fact of the Warner set having the best remastered sound of any other complete set.
    We need pictures of MB's massive opera collection...............

    I dare not play too much Tebaldi since my CD goddess watches me closely (and she would be jealous)


    Last edited by DarkAngel; Oct-22-2014 at 21:16.

  12. Likes Itullian, Fritz Kobus liked this post
  13. #23
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    We need pictures of MB's massive opera collection...............

    I dare not play too much Tebaldi since my CD goddess watches me closely (and she would be jealous)


    Love your setup DA.
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

  14. #24
    Senior Member Marschallin Blair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    We need pictures of MB's massive opera collection...............

    I dare not play too much Tebaldi since my CD goddess watches me closely (and she would be jealous)


    Joy Division? . . . above Divina?

  15. Likes DarkAngel, Headphone Hermit liked this post
  16. #25
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marschallin Blair View Post
    Joy Division? . . . above Divina?
    Yeah, what's with that DA?
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

  17. #26
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    11 days to T day.
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

  18. Likes Pugg liked this post
  19. #27
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    9 days to T day.
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

  20. Likes Pugg, Bogdan liked this post
  21. #28
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    8 days to T day.
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

  22. Likes Bogdan, Pugg liked this post
  23. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    39,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itullian View Post
    8 days to T day.
    I looked quick at my credit card account and the order is reserved , meaning it will be here before the weekend!!!

  24. #30
    Senior Member Itullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    7 days to T day.
    When all else fails, listen to Thick as a Brick.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •