Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Question

    What instrument do you scrape ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    arkansas/missouri
    Posts
    1,441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    guiros are scraped.

    dj

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david johnson View Post
    guiros are scraped.dj
    What are they ? Classical - Symphony?

  4. #4
    Senior Member PostMinimalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Christi, Hi! Could you let us know a bit about your musical background and tastes? I play the double bass and a bit of piano but not at all well. What's your instrument?
    If you look around the forum you'll find a lot of answers (and some questions) that will get you thinking and chatting about classical music.
    FC

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by post-minimalist View Post
    Christi, Hi! Could you let us know a bit about your musical background and tastes? I play the double bass and a bit of piano but not at all well. What's your instrument? If you look around the forum you'll find a lot of answers (and some questions) that will get you thinking and chatting about classical music.FC
    Country, Rock-Pop, Folk, Classical

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fremantle, WA, Australia
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wtf is with your posts?

    What instrument do you scrape? What happens at a symphonies?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    arkansas/missouri
    Posts
    1,441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    What are they ? Classical - Symphony?
    they are used in several styles of music.

    dj

  8. #8
    Assistant Administrator Chi_townPhilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    S Jersey c. Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david johnson View Post
    (guiros) are used in several styles of music.
    At about the same time I started looking this up on-line, my wife checked in on me, and (as she so frequently has in the past) casually explained the musical details of this member of the percussion battery!

    Thanks for the lemonade, david!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's a Doushea ???

  10. #10
    Administrator Krummhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southwestern USA
    Posts
    4,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    What's a Doushea ???
    That word is not in the English language dictionary or encyclopedia. In which context is this word, "doushea" used that you ask of it here?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krummhorn View Post
    That word is not in the English language dictionary or encyclopedia.* In which context is this word, "doushea" used that you ask of it here?
    Classical music

  12. #12
    Administrator Krummhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southwestern USA
    Posts
    4,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Please cite a written example where this was used. A google search on this word brings no results either ... so, where did you read, hear or see this word used?

    It is not in any music dictionary that I have access to.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You're saying a conductor doesn't know what he's saying or doing ???

  14. #14
    Senior Member marval's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    What's a Doushea ???
    Hi Christi,

    Nobody is saying a conductor doesn't know what they are doing. The problem is we haven't heard the word Doushea before, so we can't tell you anything about them. Where did you get the word from? If we knew that maybe we could help you with your question.


    Margaret

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marval View Post
    Hi Christi,Nobody is saying a conductor doesn't know what they are doing.* The problem is we haven't heard the word Doushea before, so we can't tell you anything about them.* Where did you get the word from?* If we knew that maybe we could help you with your question.Margaret
    One of my DVDs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Beethoven and poetry
    By Pinky in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec-16-2019, 02:26
  2. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 170xCD boxset question
    By Iron_Fist in forum Recorded Music and Publications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct-07-2009, 03:26
  3. An odd question...
    By cogitoergosum in forum New Members - Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug-29-2008, 08:05
  4. new with question
    By grouser in forum Community Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov-18-2005, 12:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •