Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Anatomy of operas - graphed

  1. #1
    Senior Member NickFuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Anatomy of operas - graphed

    Puccini, Wagner, Mozart, Bellini, Donizetti, and Richard Strauss - graphed:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NickFuller; Jun-25-2018 at 09:37.

  2. Likes Sauvee, Belowpar, ldiat and 3 others liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I thought at first that they were specific operas and then I realised that they could almost be any of that composer's operas and then... I got it!

    N.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Sonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default



    The prelude for the Wagner graph isn't long enough though!
    Last edited by Sonata; Jun-25-2018 at 13:56.
    "When words fail... there is music"

  5. Likes superhorn liked this post
  6. #4
    Senior Member Woodduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Conte View Post
    I thought at first that they were specific operas and then I realised that they could almost be any of that composer's operas and then... I got it!

    N.
    Actually some of them are based on specific operas. The Wagner graph applies only to Siegfried (but never gets around to the final duet). The Strauss is obviously about Elektra. Apparently the maker of the graphs has a limited acquaintance with German opera.

  7. Likes ldiat liked this post
  8. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodduck View Post
    Actually some of them are based on specific operas. The Wagner graph applies only to Siegfried (but never gets around to the final duet). The Strauss is obviously about Elektra. Apparently the maker of the graphs has a limited acquaintance with German opera.
    Yes, you are right about the Wagner, however the Strauss could be Salome.

    N.

  9. Likes ldiat, Woodduck, notreally liked this post
  10. #6
    Senior Member Woodduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Conte View Post
    Yes, you are right about the Wagner, however the Strauss could be Salome.

    N.
    I wouldn't call Salome crazy, exactly. How about "perverted," "more perverted," "crazy perverted," "yikes" ?

  11. Likes Sonata, The Conte liked this post
  12. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodduck View Post
    I wouldn't call Salome crazy, exactly. How about "perverted," "more perverted," "crazy perverted," "yikes" ?
    I don't go for dirty hulks that have been stuck down a sewer or whatever for months, so she's crazy as far as I am concerned.

    It also could be descriptive of the music.

    N.

  13. Likes Woodduck liked this post
  14. #8
    Senior Member Sloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post


    The prelude for the Wagner graph isn't long enough though!
    The prelude for the Puccini graph is too long.
    Considering how long the death part is I guess it is La Boheme.
    Last edited by Sloe; Jun-25-2018 at 21:34.

  15. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best laugh I've had a quite a long time, thank you
    Last edited by Thomyum2; Jun-25-2018 at 21:36.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •