Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 140 of 140

Thread: What kind of music Jesus Christ our Lord would like and blush (serieous question)

  1. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchesi View Post
    You're talking about words. I gave the Christian music theory.
    Actually, Christian music theory taught that the third was a dissonance all the way up until the English composers at the beginning of the Renaissance had the audacity to use it, so your position that the interval of a third relates to the Trinity doesn't seem to come from music history. Do you have a cite for that?
    Last edited by Manxfeeder; Feb-25-2019 at 02:07.

  2. Likes deprofundis liked this post
  3. #137
    Senior Member Luchesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manxfeeder View Post
    Actually, Christian music theory taught that the third was a dissonance all the way up until the English composers at the beginning of the Renaissance had the audacity to use it, so your position that the interval of a third relates to the Trinity doesn't seem to come from music history. Do you have a cite for that?
    Yes, the third is more dissonant than the fifth and the fourth. And the tritone (3 whole steps) is Satan in music.

    I don't have a website reference, but you can probably find one. I was taught this NT music theory in Sunday school class. I think the teachers were showing us the universal metaphors all around us.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes - but the preservation of fire!
    Gustav Mahler

  4. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchesi View Post

    I don't have a website reference, but you can probably find one. I was taught this NT music theory in Sunday school class. I think the teachers were showing us the universal metaphors all around us.
    I haven't found that particular one in a music history text. But as for the Trinity in music, early music was in 3/4 time (though it wasn't called 3/4 time back then) to reflect the Trinity.
    Last edited by Manxfeeder; Feb-25-2019 at 15:51.

  5. #139
    Senior Member hammeredklavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchesi View Post
    And the tritone (3 whole steps) is Satan in music.
    Here's an example


  6. #140
    Senior Member Tikoo Tuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And then Our Lord threw some awful music into a herd of swine . Piggies danced wild unto death . Those who witnessed this were sore afraid and put away their accented third beat of four .

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •