View Poll Results: Deep Tracks - The Kinks - "Face to Face" - up to 9 selections allowed...

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Party Line"

    3 60.00%
  • "Rosie Won't You Please Come Home"

    4 80.00%
  • "Dandy"

    3 60.00%
  • "Too Much On My Mind"

    3 60.00%
  • "Session Man"

    1 20.00%
  • "Rainy Day In June"

    4 80.00%
  • "A House In The County"

    2 40.00%
  • "Holiday in Waikiki"

    2 40.00%
  • "Most Exclusive Residence for Sale"

    2 40.00%
  • "Fancy"

    3 60.00%
  • "Little Miss Queen of Darkness"

    1 20.00%
  • "You're Lookin' Fine"

    2 40.00%
  • "Sunny Afternoon"

    5 100.00%
  • "I'll Remember"

    1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Deep Tracks - The Kinks - "Face to Face"

  1. #16
    Senior Member elgars ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Worcestershire, England
    Posts
    6,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We do irony here, too - occasionally one has to dig deeper to find it, though. I know you weren't intentionally trying to give me these recurring nightmares where I'm chained to a rock Prometheus-style while watching a never-ending concert featuring Herman's Hermits and Freddy and the Dreamers (at least Prometheus only had to endure having his liver pecked daily by an eagle...).
    '...a violator of his word, a libertine over head and ears in debt and disgrace, a despiser of domestic ties, the companion of gamblers and demireps, a man who has just closed half a century without a single claim on the gratitude of his country or the respect of posterity...' - Leigh Hunt on the Prince Regent (later George IV).

  2. #17
    Senior Member Sydney Nova Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Montréal, PQ, Canada
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elgars ghost View Post
    We do irony here, too - occasionally one has to dig deeper to find it, though. I know you weren't intentionally trying to give me these recurring nightmares where I'm chained to a rock Prometheus-style while watching a never-ending concert featuring Herman's Hermits and Freddy and the Dreamers (at least Prometheus only had to endure having his liver pecked daily by an eagle...).
    I wasn't referencing you although it was kind of a mistake to let me know what gives you nightmares...

    What do you think about The Beatles? Were they that great?
    Last edited by Sydney Nova Scotia; Sep-16-2018 at 12:49.

  3. #18
    Senior Member starthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY USA
    Posts
    8,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Nova Scotia View Post
    Yes do so... Both titles are in the "Deep Tracks" pipeline along with "The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society" and "Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One"... unless I defect to the Steve Hoffman Forums beforehand because they don't require that you actually check your sense of humour (along with your hat, coat, and umbrella) in the cloakroom upon entering... They enjoy "irony" there - they eat it by the bowlful and drink it by the gallon...
    I peruse the Hoffman forum but there's a huge amount of frivolous and goofy threads to wade through. And very little interest outside pop/rock music.
    Short-term thinkers are rewarded with reelection, while those who dare to take seriously our responsibility to future generations commonly find themselves out of office.

    - Marcia Bjornerud, Geologist

  4. #19
    Senior Member Sydney Nova Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Montréal, PQ, Canada
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starthrower View Post
    I peruse the Hoffman forum but there's a huge amount of frivolous and goofy threads to wade through. And very little interest outside pop/rock music.
    Note to self... use "irony" judiciously... better yet, give it a rest for a few days... and get to work on "Turn It Up! - Freddie & the Dreamers" for EG who won't stop hounding me about it...
    Last edited by Sydney Nova Scotia; Sep-16-2018 at 16:29.

  5. #20
    Senior Member philoctetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starthrower View Post
    I ordered myself a couple Kinks albums. Arthur, and Something Else.
    Put them on the box, light a Harry Rag, and enjoy your Shangri-la...

    Btw, hope you got the deluxe version of Something Else... many good bonus singles were added...
    Last edited by philoctetes; Sep-16-2018 at 17:00.

  6. Likes starthrower, Sydney Nova Scotia liked this post
  7. #21
    Senior Member starthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY USA
    Posts
    8,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I did. I got both in Deluxe. I was going to order the UK CDs with bonus tracks but read somewhere the mastering wasn't very good. I still may go that way if I pick up the Lola album because the deluxe is a lot more expensive for some reason.
    Short-term thinkers are rewarded with reelection, while those who dare to take seriously our responsibility to future generations commonly find themselves out of office.

    - Marcia Bjornerud, Geologist

  8. Likes philoctetes, Sydney Nova Scotia liked this post
  9. #22
    Senior Member Sydney Nova Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Montréal, PQ, Canada
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starthrower View Post
    I did. I got both in Deluxe. I was going to order the UK CDs with bonus tracks but read somewhere the mastering wasn't very good. I still may go that way if I pick up the Lola album because the deluxe is a lot more expensive for some reason.
    The 2014 Deluxe edition included the Kinks' following album Percy as a second disc, also with bonus tracks. The 2-disc set is titled Lola versus Powerman and The Moneygoround and Percy.

    Bonus Tracks on Lola -

    14. "Anytime" 3:33
    15. "The Contenders" (instrumental demo) 3:01
    16. "The Good Life" 3:16
    17. "Lola" (alternative version) 5:28
    18. "This Time Tomorrow" (instrumental) 3:19
    19. "Apeman" (alternative version, stereo) 3:42
    20. "Got to Be Free" (alternative version) 2:03


    Bonus Tracks on Percy -

    14. "Dreams" (remix) 3:24
    15. "Lola" (1970 mono single mix) 4:06
    16. "Apeman" (1970 mono single mix) 3:53
    17. "Rats" (1970 mono single mix) 2:42
    18. "Powerman" (mono mix) 4:26
    19. "The Moneygoround" (mono alternative version) 1:41
    20. "Apeman" (mono alternative version) 3:41
    21. "God's Children" (mono film mix) 3:18
    22. "The Way Love Used to Be" (mono film mix) 2:07
    23. "God's Children - End" (mono film mix)

  10. #23
    Senior Member starthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY USA
    Posts
    8,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just finished listening Arthur. I love it! The sound is great in the stereo disc. Haven't tried the mono.
    Short-term thinkers are rewarded with reelection, while those who dare to take seriously our responsibility to future generations commonly find themselves out of office.

    - Marcia Bjornerud, Geologist

  11. Likes Sydney Nova Scotia, elgars ghost liked this post
  12. #24
    Senior Member starthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY USA
    Posts
    8,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Nova Scotia View Post
    The 2014 Deluxe edition included the Kinks' following album Percy as a second disc, also with bonus tracks. The 2-disc set is titled Lola versus Powerman and The Moneygoround and Percy.

    Bonus Tracks on Lola -

    14. "Anytime" 3:33
    15. "The Contenders" (instrumental demo) 3:01
    16. "The Good Life" 3:16
    17. "Lola" (alternative version) 5:28
    18. "This Time Tomorrow" (instrumental) 3:19
    19. "Apeman" (alternative version, stereo) 3:42
    20. "Got to Be Free" (alternative version) 2:03


    Bonus Tracks on Percy -

    14. "Dreams" (remix) 3:24
    15. "Lola" (1970 mono single mix) 4:06
    16. "Apeman" (1970 mono single mix) 3:53
    17. "Rats" (1970 mono single mix) 2:42
    18. "Powerman" (mono mix) 4:26
    19. "The Moneygoround" (mono alternative version) 1:41
    20. "Apeman" (mono alternative version) 3:41
    21. "God's Children" (mono film mix) 3:18
    22. "The Way Love Used to Be" (mono film mix) 2:07
    23. "God's Children - End" (mono film mix)
    I ordered it! Also ordered Muswell Hillbillies, and Sleepwalker.
    Short-term thinkers are rewarded with reelection, while those who dare to take seriously our responsibility to future generations commonly find themselves out of office.

    - Marcia Bjornerud, Geologist

  13. Likes Sydney Nova Scotia liked this post
  14. #25
    Senior Member starthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY USA
    Posts
    8,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    remember this one?
    Short-term thinkers are rewarded with reelection, while those who dare to take seriously our responsibility to future generations commonly find themselves out of office.

    - Marcia Bjornerud, Geologist

  15. Likes Sydney Nova Scotia liked this post
  16. #26
    Senior Member Sydney Nova Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Montréal, PQ, Canada
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's a really first-rate video of The Kinks in Concert (Live at the BBC - 1973) -

    Set List -

    01. Victoria
    02. Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues
    03. Dedicated Follower Of Fashion
    04. Lola
    05. Holiday
    06. Good Golly Miss Molly
    07. You Really Got Me
    08. All Day And All Of The Night
    09. Waterloo Sunset
    10. Village Green Preservation Society


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •