Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Bluetooth Headphone opinion

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bluetooth Headphone opinion

    Creating thread for users to share opinions about
    1. Bluetooth headphone models
    2. Hardware equipped for bluetooth headphone transmission
    3. Stand alone bluetooth transmission devices

    I bought Sennheieser Momentum bluetooth HPs about two years ago. Have enjoyed them thoroughly, but the bass emphasis always left me slightly unsatisfied.

    Bought the Bowers and Wilkins PX today. Certainly less over emphasis on bass than the Sennheisers, but they also sometimes sound like "cans" with a cavernous accoustic. Give them running in time, see if improves.

    Tried the highly touted Sony WH-1000XM3 in a store. Nice features, but certainly not in the same class for music as the other 2.

    I am also in the market for a set of bluetooth earbuds for walking accompaniment. I almost sprang for the Jabra Elite Active 65t, but am holding off now that Sennheiser has a serious contender coming to market soon.


    Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    River Forest, Il, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You might want to see the thread on headphones. The last several posts are on BT with noise reduction.
    I have the B&W non noise reducers. Fantastic sound for BT and the most comfortable phone that I own for extended listens.
    I now bought the Sony’s for noise reduction. I also think that they sound great, but they get very warm after about an hour

  3. #3
    Senior Member jegreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triplets View Post
    You might want to see the thread on headphones. The last several posts are on BT with noise reduction.
    I have the B&W non noise reducers. Fantastic sound for BT and the most comfortable phone that I own for extended listens.
    I now bought the Sony’s for noise reduction. I also think that they sound great, but they get very warm after about an hour
    I participated in that thread, comparing the Sony, the Bose QC 35 and the PSB M-4U2. The only correction I would make to that post is to clarify that Tyll Hertsens found the Bose were better for music and the PSBs were better for movies. (I think my PSBs are much better for music than the Bose or the Sonys.) I would add that the new PSBs are also on the Wall of Fame.

    Headphones.
    Last edited by jegreenwood; Sep-22-2018 at 13:25.

  4. #4
    Junior Member cbjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have the Sony WH-1000XM2. My philosophy when it comes to wireless noice cancelling headphones is to only compare them to other headphones when i am in "travelling mode" (or moving around in more noicy environments. I have not yet tried a pair that can compete with most wired models so when listening at home it's always wired so I can benefit from a better dac, amp etc. The Sony's however are the best I have tried in it's price range for travelling but a pro tip is to turn off the DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine). It is meant to improve the sound but I find it rather "suffocates" the musicality and prefer the slightly harscher but more musical sound without it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member bigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hollywood U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Bluetooth is fine for most things. I use bluetooth noise cancelling headphones at work. But for serious listening, I don't mind a wire and sitting in a quiet room to get a little bit better sound.
    Last edited by bigshot; Sep-30-2018 at 23:12.
    CD Sound Is All You Need: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
    AES Audio Myths Seminar: http://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ
    AES Damn Lies Seminar: http://youtu.be/Zvireu2SGZM

  6. Likes cbjes liked this post
  7. #6
    Senior Member gardibolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just can't imagine having to keep my headphones charged all the time. Whatever gains you get from losing the wire are to my mind more than lost by having to remember keep them charged.
    Hours of unrecorded, unpublished and unknown Beethoven works at The Unheard Beethoven

  8. #7
    Senior Member bigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hollywood U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I just plug them in when I'm not using them. My computer stays on 24/7 so they never run out.
    CD Sound Is All You Need: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
    AES Audio Myths Seminar: http://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ
    AES Damn Lies Seminar: http://youtu.be/Zvireu2SGZM

  9. #8
    Senior Member jegreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    I just can't imagine having to keep my headphones charged all the time. Whatever gains you get from losing the wire are to my mind more than lost by having to remember keep them charged.
    The Sony and the Bose will work with a cable if the battery dies. The sound quality is not terribly good and no noise cancelling beyond closed backs, but I still have music. The PSB will also continue working and it is designed to sound roughly the same with or without battery.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Larkenfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sedona
    Posts
    4,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    No one could pay me enough to wear Bluetooth headphones hours a day. While traveling that's a different matter because it’s temporary and more short-term. Believe it or not, but there is evidence that the microwave radiation from Bluetooth waves has negative side-effects that can be disruptive to cell activity.

    The exposure to waves in general: Last time I did a check at home on wi-fi exposure in my neighborhood, 20 Wi-Fi signals, some of them at full strength, were radiating into my apartment. Life has been inundated with them and they haven’t been around long enough to know what their ultimate effects are.

    Then there are the waves from the cell phones if one is using them a lot—more exposure of electrical frequencies to the head. The wi-fi signal for the internet I do not use at home because I’m sensitive enough to tell when it's irritating and disrupt signal is on and I don’t want to be exposed to any more signals from the environment than I have to; I will only use a cable from modem to computer and I can tell the difference.

    The effects of these wi-fi and microwaves signals need to be viewed as a lifetime of exposure to them and I think one should take note of the exposure, especially with regard to the brain and head area. Just be aware of it if you go ahead. The nature of anyone’s physical body is bio-electric.

    https://www.rfsafe.com/bluetooth-rad...one-radiation/
    Last edited by Larkenfield; Oct-30-2018 at 02:20.
    "That's all Folks!"

  11. #10
    Senior Member bigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hollywood U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I can't think of a better reason to die of cancer than having cat memes in my pocket and Justin Bieber in my ears! Bring on the microwaves. Burn me to a crisp!
    CD Sound Is All You Need: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
    AES Audio Myths Seminar: http://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ
    AES Damn Lies Seminar: http://youtu.be/Zvireu2SGZM

  12. Likes Larkenfield liked this post
  13. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larkenfield View Post
    No one could pay me enough to wear Bluetooth headphones hours a day. While traveling that's a different matter because it’s temporary and more short-term. Believe it or not, but there is evidence that the microwave radiation from Bluetooth waves has negative side-effects that can be disruptive to cell activity.

    The exposure to waves in general: Last time I did a check at home on wi-fi exposure in my neighborhood, 20 Wi-Fi signals, some of them at full strength, were radiating into my apartment. Life has been inundated with them and they haven’t been around long enough to know what their ultimate effects are.

    Then there are the waves from the cell phones if one is using them a lot—more exposure of electrical frequencies to the head. The wi-fi signal for the internet I do not use at home because I’m sensitive enough to tell when it's irritating and disrupt signal is on and I don’t want to be exposed to any more signals from the environment than I have to; I will only use a cable from modem to computer and I can tell the difference.

    The effects of these wi-fi and microwaves signals need to be viewed as a lifetime of exposure to them and I think one should take note of the exposure, especially with regard to the brain and head area. Just be aware of it if you go ahead. The nature of anyone’s physical body is bio-electric.

    https://www.rfsafe.com/bluetooth-rad...one-radiation/
    With the greatest respect, your attachment is a sales pitch. Whilst there may be cause for possible concern about Bluetooth, I would not give much credibility to an argument based on a commercial advantage.

    That being said, I tend to use wire.

  14. #12
    Senior Member bigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hollywood U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I knew someone who said she would put boxes of loam on top of her TV set because the loam absorbed the "gamma rays".
    CD Sound Is All You Need: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
    AES Audio Myths Seminar: http://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ
    AES Damn Lies Seminar: http://youtu.be/Zvireu2SGZM

  15. #13
    Senior Member Merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    I knew someone who said she would put boxes of loam on top of her TV set because the loam absorbed the "gamma rays".
    I keep my remote control in a rock wool and lead case whilst I'm not using it. Just in case.......

  16. #14
    Senior Member bigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hollywood U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I leave the house and drive around the block when I use my microwave oven.
    CD Sound Is All You Need: http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
    AES Audio Myths Seminar: http://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ
    AES Damn Lies Seminar: http://youtu.be/Zvireu2SGZM

  17. #15
    Senior Member Joe B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Astral Plane 7-B
    Posts
    3,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    I leave the house and drive around the block when I use my microwave oven.
    How long a power cord does your microwave have? Is this your version of takeout?
    I love music. I want music. I need music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •