Page 24 of 130 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 1946

Thread: Gripe of the Day thread.

  1. #346
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BBC is asking me to create a BBC account O_O How do I do this not UK postcode...

  2. Likes ldiat liked this post
  3. #347
    Senior Member CnC Bartok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Oxford-ish, Europe
    Posts
    2,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
    BBC is asking me to create a BBC account O_O How do I do this not UK postcode...
    You can't! You have to pay the TV Licence to be allowed to watch BBC.....

  4. Likes ldiat liked this post
  5. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CnC Bartok View Post
    You can't! You have to pay the TV Licence to be allowed to watch BBC.....
    I use a VPN but it is ok my friend his family still live there he gave me their postcode

    shhh__miku__by_maroonabyss_d8n0q7p-fullview.jpg

  6. Likes ldiat liked this post
  7. #349
    Senior Member CnC Bartok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Oxford-ish, Europe
    Posts
    2,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
    I am trying to explain the Send Nudes meme to Mother it's not going well; Pray for me...
    Glad we now know this is innocent.....

    Interestingly, this bloke keeps asking me to send him nudes. I have of course obliged, but it's costing me a huge amount of money. Those Rubens oil paintings don't come cheap......

  8. Likes SixFootScowl, Zofia, LezLee and 3 others liked this post
  9. #350
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CnC Bartok View Post
    Glad we now know this is innocent.....

    Interestingly, this bloke keeps asking me to send him nudes. I have of course obliged, but it's costing me a huge amount of money. Those Rubens oil paintings don't come cheap......
    LOL would not wish to see this phone pill your data is unlimt yes?

  10. Likes ldiat, CnC Bartok liked this post
  11. #351
    Senior Member Larkenfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sedona
    Posts
    4,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    My gripe is because there are not nearly enough gripes on this thread. Must. Do. Better.
    Last edited by Larkenfield; Feb-11-2019 at 10:45.
    "That's all Folks!"

  12. Likes Ingélou, Zofia liked this post
  13. #352
    Senior Member DaveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    So. California, USA
    Posts
    3,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just watched the Grammys and was looking forward to seeing Lady GaGa sing ‘Shallow’, a song I really liked in ‘A Star Is Born’ only to see her butcher it with an over-the-top performance and apparent total misunderstanding that it was a song best sung simply as in the movie. Gr-r-r-r.

  14. Likes RockyIII, Ingélou, Zofia liked this post
  15. #353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    tried to play video games but people are so nasty online.

  16. #354
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Just watched the Grammys and was looking forward to seeing Lady GaGa sing ‘Shallow’, a song I really liked in ‘A Star Is Born’ only to see her butcher it with an over-the-top performance and apparent total misunderstanding that it was a song best sung simply as in the movie. Gr-r-r-r.
    She was surprising good in that film I am told. Pity she’s autotune AF...

  17. #355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

  18. #356
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ended up in the cringe 900+ genders section of Reddit don’t understand how but my goodness saying something is fact even though it is not reallh does convince a large section of the internet.

  19. #357
    Senior Member SixFootScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Next to Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    15,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Oh no, more stupid snow and stupid ice storms on their way!
    “The media’s the most powerful entity on Earth. They have the power to make the innocent look guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the mind of the masses.”
    --Malcolm X

  20. Likes Ingélou, Rogerx, Zofia and 1 others liked this post
  21. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Kobus View Post
    Oh no, more stupid snow and stupid ice storms on their way!
    Keep save hope you have enough supplies

  22. Likes SixFootScowl liked this post
  23. #359
    Senior Member Ingélou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Gemtown in Yorkshire
    Posts
    5,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default

    Today we had a little reminder that in this life everything is only okay until it's not. We were gardening, when Taggart slipped on a mossy path and cut his head open on a thorny branch. Luckily it seems to be okay, but occasioned some anxious moments till I was able to get him checked over at our GP surgery.

    My gripe is partly that I didn't remember that grim truth, and partly that the best I could manage in the way of getting Taggart's wound checked was having a health visitor look at it - though she did call a nurse in, as it happens. It's just so difficult to get medical help these days - the main telephone lines were full & it was only by dint of calling the nursing department direct and pleading my case as eloquently as I could that we got a chance to see the health visitor and the reassurance that he won't need to get his head stitched.

    Still, all's well that ends well.
    Last edited by Ingélou; Feb-12-2019 at 18:13.
    My fiddle my joy.

  24. Likes RockyIII, Taggart, N/A liked this post
  25. #360
    Senior Member RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingélou View Post
    Today we had a little reminder that in this life everything is only okay until it's not. We were gardening, when Taggart slipped on a mossy path and cut his head open on a thorny branch. Luckily it seems to be okay, but occasioned some anxious moments till I was able to get him checked over at our GP surgery.

    My gripe is partly that I didn't remember that grim truth, and partly that the best I could manage in the way of getting Taggart's wound checked was having a health visitor look at it - though she did call a nurse in, as it happens. It's just so difficult to get medical help these days - the main telephone lines were full & it was only by dint of calling the nursing department direct and pleading my case as eloquently as I could that we got a chance to see the health visitor and the reassurance that he won't need to get his head stitched.

    Still, all's well that ends well.
    Best wishes to Taggart and his noggin for a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by RockyIII; Feb-12-2019 at 18:15.

  26. Likes Ingélou liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •