Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Greetings from New Jersey

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Greetings from New Jersey

    Hello all, my name is Mark Emanuele. I am new to this forum. I am a Composer, Arranger, and Conductor. Music is my passion, and Classical music is one of the genres that I love in addition to Jazz, Classic Rock & Prog. Rock. You can check out my YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwI...AnsaBh5Kqi0j2g.
    Be sure to check out the playlist "My Genesis Arrangements" as I have arranged some early Genesis tunes for Symphonic Orchestra.

    Thanks, and hope that I can be useful to other forum members.
    (sorry if I am "blowing my own horn" here)

    Mark Emanuele

  2. #2
    Senior Member Joe B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Astral Plane 7-B
    Posts
    3,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome Mark. I'm sure you'll find something at TC to keep your interest.
    Just curious.......favorite composers or genres of classical?
    I love music. I want music. I need music.

  3. Likes Zofia liked this post
  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hallo and enjoy your time here!

    FC1F51F7-F0C5-4168-9DF0-14119F7EC41B.png

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Welcome Mark. I'm sure you'll find something at TC to keep your interest.
    Just curious.......favorite composers or genres of classical?
    Let's see... Brahms, Shostakovich, Hindemith, Walton, Bartok, Stravinsky, Haydn, Bach................

  6. #5
    Senior Member BrahmsWasAGreatMelodist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome! Great to see another fan of Genesis. They're my favorite band. Your arrangements were very enjoyable; thank you for sharing them. I must admit though that in my opinion you (and the vocalist) did a better job with The Musical Box of the two. I thought the ending of that arrangement was particularly effective. Though I suppose that piece more easily lends itself to the style of arrangement you were going for.

    Also great to see another fan of Brahms and Haydn here.
    Casual composer, pianist, music enthusiast

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrahmsWasAGreatMelodist View Post
    Welcome! Great to see another fan of Genesis. They're my favorite band. Your arrangements were very enjoyable; thank you for sharing them. I must admit though that in my opinion you (and the vocalist) did a better job with The Musical Box of the two. I thought the ending of that arrangement was particularly effective. Though I suppose that piece more easily lends itself to the style of arrangement you were going for.

    Also great to see another fan of Brahms and Haydn here.
    Thanks. We are coming out with an album (Early next year) which we hope to call "The GENESIS Project" (If you are a StarTrek (The original movie) fan you may enjoy the name as it has 2 meanings). It will include (already recorded) The two that are on YouTube, "One for the Vine", Fountain of Salmacis", "Firth of Fifth" , "Watcher of the Skies" and a few still to be recorded including "Supper's Ready". It will be a 2 CD set.

    I am currently preparing the scores for recording the Brahms Symphony #4 and The Haydn Symphony #102 as well.

  8. Likes BrahmsWasAGreatMelodist liked this post
  9. #7
    Senior Member BrahmsWasAGreatMelodist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Emanuele View Post
    Thanks. We are coming out with an album (Early next year) which we hope to call "The GENESIS Project" (If you are a StarTrek (The original movie) fan you may enjoy the name as it has 2 meanings). It will include (already recorded) The two that are on YouTube, "One for the Vine", Fountain of Salmacis", "Firth of Fifth" , "Watcher of the Skies" and a few still to be recorded including "Supper's Ready". It will be a 2 CD set.

    I am currently preparing the scores for recording the Brahms Symphony #4 and The Haydn Symphony #102 as well.
    Sounds awesome! Good luck with everything.
    Casual composer, pianist, music enthusiast

  10. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lubbock TX, usa
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have some fascinating information into the inspiration and technique that Edward Elgar used to create the melody in his famous Enigma Variations and would be glad to discuss it with you if you are interested.

  11. Likes BrahmsWasAGreatMelodist liked this post
  12. #9
    Senior Member BrahmsWasAGreatMelodist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CR Santa View Post
    I have some fascinating information into the inspiration and technique that Edward Elgar used to create the melody in his famous Enigma Variations and would be glad to discuss it with you if you are interested.
    Please share; this sounds interesting.
    Casual composer, pianist, music enthusiast

  13. #10
    Senior Member Merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome Mark. Enjoy the site. Lots of rockers on here who love classical music, too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •