Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 156

Thread: Was Tchaikovsky a Homosexual?

  1. #76
    Senior Member Zhdanov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    moscow, russia.
    Posts
    865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeolianStrains View Post
    By that logic, since no one here has seen you, you don't exist.
    well a forum member is certainly not as real as a real person you meet in real life.

    Quote Originally Posted by AeolianStrains View Post
    Therefore nothing written here is relevant.
    same about the media and books.

  2. #77
    Senior Member Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    18,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhdanov View Post
    well a forum member is certainly not as real as a real person you meet in real life.
    That's a bummer!

  3. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhdanov View Post
    well a forum member is certainly not as real as a real person you meet in real life.



    same about the media and books.
    You say all this, yet, since you don't exist, I can't trust it. Therefore I can go back to having a normal trust relationship with scholarship.

  4. Likes eugeneonagain, Lucas liked this post
  5. #79
    Senior Member Zhdanov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    moscow, russia.
    Posts
    865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeolianStrains View Post
    I can go back to having a normal trust relationship with scholarship.
    what scholarship? as if it says he was a gay? and even if it does, how it is more real than a forum member?

  6. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tchaikovsky's papers are located in Klin and a lot of people have obviously seen these papers. His correspondance shows clearly that he was homosexual and all biographers who consulted the unexpurgated letters mention that fact in their work. First editions of this correspondance made clear by suspension points that some parts of it is were censured because of their unprintable content at that time. To make things clear, these parts of his correspondance were obviously not censured in order to hid the fact that Tchaikovsky's hobby was to pick up flowers. ^^ So Tchaikovsky was homosexual, that's a scholarly proven fact since a long time now and people who would like to depict him as an "asexual" or platonic friend of men and claim that he was not seen as an homosexual in his day without substantiate it, know in fact perfectly themselves what the reality is. Even Nina Grieg, who lived in Norway wrote to Anna Brodsky that she was aware of this particularity.

  7. Likes eugeneonagain liked this post
  8. #81
    Senior Member EddieRUKiddingVarese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Father of Electronic muse
    Posts
    5,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Did he ever get it on (or off), with Rachmaninoff ?
    Last edited by EddieRUKiddingVarese; Apr-18-2019 at 00:05.
    "Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"

  9. Likes Lucas liked this post
  10. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Les Pays-Bas
    Posts
    3,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    That's a bummer!
    No, Tchaikovsky was...

    I'll get my coat.

  11. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhdanov View Post
    but nobody seen them.



    anyone can state anything these days and statements have zero value.


    Not anyone's statement, but yours certainly : the only thing you seems able to do is to edit unconstructive and uninformed contents. There's a big difference between the careful work of all serious scholars and curators of Tchaikovsky's archives and your persistent and childish trolling.

  12. #84
    Senior Member KenOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    18,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As always, the wish is father to the thought -- for some of us more than others, evidently.


  13. Likes Lucas liked this post
  14. #85
    Senior Member CnC Bartok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Oxford-ish
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think we can scientifically conclude that there are no homosexuals in Russia. Never have been. Never will be.

  15. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's the same in Iran.

  16. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    It's the same in Iran.
    Didn't Iran just reclassify them as trans or something? Or was that fake news?

  17. Likes Lucas liked this post
  18. #88
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeolianStrains View Post
    Didn't Iran just reclassify them as trans or something? Or was that fake news?
    https://qz.com/889548/everyone-treat...gender-person/

  19. Likes AeolianStrains liked this post
  20. #89
    Senior Member KenOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    18,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "As of 2019, the following jurisdictions, all of which have sharia-based criminal laws, prescribe the death penalty for homosexuality:"

    See the Wiki entry for the list. I believe there is a similar penalty prescribed in the Old Testament.


  21. Likes Lucas liked this post
  22. #90
    Senior Member Zhdanov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    moscow, russia.
    Posts
    865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Tchaikovsky's papers are located in Klin and a lot of people have obviously seen these papers.
    none of them have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    His correspondance shows clearly that he was homosexual
    care to show them to me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    biographers who consulted the unexpurgated letters
    when and who? names?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •