Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: The best singing ever recorded

  1. #46
    Senior Member DarkAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    La Scala
    Posts
    3,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1968 Maria Stuarda, Gencer vs Verret confrontation scence - two falcons in full flight






    In case you are wondering all three live "tudor queens" have very good live sound, you really should buy this.........
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Jun-25-2019 at 04:56.

  2. Likes betterthanfine liked this post
  3. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default


  4. #48
    Senior Member Open Book's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floozy View Post
    Robert Lloyd, La calunnia è un venticello, Rossini, Il barbiere

    https://youtu.be/YUtoL-IDUlk
    Pretty great, but I prefer:


    Actually this is probably not live, there is a live one out there with the aria encored, but I can't find it.
    Last edited by Open Book; Jun-25-2019 at 17:39.

  5. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    1968 Maria Stuarda, Gencer vs Verret confrontation scence - two falcons in full flight

    Terribly exciting, thanks for posting this!

  6. Likes DarkAngel liked this post
  7. #50
    Senior Member DavidA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Must confess that with all the recordings available this is a pretty impossible question to answer. I mean repertoire comes into it as well. Just heard some breathtaking Handel from Natalie Dessay on this:

    alcina.jpg

    My wife who is a singer heard it downstairs and immediately demanded to hear it it is so breathtaking.

    I mean though, where do you go for the greatest?

  8. #51
    Senior Member Rogerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Baarle-Nassau.
    Posts
    7,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Must confess that with all the recordings available this is a pretty impossible question to answer. I mean repertoire comes into it as well. Just heard some breathtaking Handel from Natalie Dessay on this:

    alcina.jpg

    My wife who is a singer heard it downstairs and immediately demanded to hear it it is so breathtaking.

    I mean though, where do you go for the greatest?

    The whole cast makes a very good effort.

  9. #52
    Senior Member Rogerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Baarle-Nassau.
    Posts
    7,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Turandot 15: Act 2 In questa reggia
    Joan Sutherland

  10. Likes Revitalized Classics liked this post
  11. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But are these recordings live?

    (That was one of the criteria in the OP.)

    N.

  12. #54
    Senior Member Rogerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Baarle-Nassau.
    Posts
    7,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Conte View Post
    But are these recordings live?

    (That was one of the criteria in the OP.)

    N.
    Oops, mine is not.
    DavidA's one however is live.

  13. #55
    Senior Member Seattleoperafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Conte View Post
    Whilst I agree that this album could well qualify for some of the best singing on record, it doesn't qualify for this thread as the OP states that it is the best live singing captured in recorded sound. However, there is a live recording of Semiramide with Sutherland and Simionato and the bravura from the two is something awe inspiring.

    N.
    So sorry. Didn't notice that part.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •