Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Seventh chord with a lowered lowered fifth

  1. #46
    Senior Member mikeh375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    so you did know what you were doing. I say again, well done. You wrongly implied my involvement, why? Go on, I dare you to answer for a change and to be honest. I have a right to be aggrieved by your implication do I not? It's not hubris at all, just an understandable reaction to unjustified behaviour and assumption by you because of your hang-ups here. Even Jerry himself has confirmed that his posts where all his own work, or is he lying too?
    Last edited by mikeh375; Apr-29-2020 at 13:13.
    New website and some new music......www.mikehewer.com

  2. Likes millionrainbows liked this post
  3. #47
    Banned (Temporarily)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh375 View Post
    so you did know what you were doing. I say again, well done. You wrongly implied my involvement, why? Go on, I dare you to answer for a change and to be honest. I have a right to be aggrieved by your implication do I not? It's not hubris at all, just an understandable reaction to unjustified behaviour and assumption by you because of your hang-ups here. Even Jerry himself has confirmed that his posts where all his own work, or is he lying too?
    If you are referring to my post #34, please note that this reply was not addressed to you. This should be very clear. Are you reading these posts, or just skimming over them?I think you're being insincere as well, in order to take advantage of a possible "pile-on" scenario. If it makes any difference, I was not referring to you, but to another member who greeted JG after his first post. Besides that, you don't strike me as a teacher or 'colleague' in an academic context. You seem more like a layman or at best, perhaps a music student.

    Aside from that, I have every right to be mistrusting, in light of the way I have been bullied in the past, so get over it.
    Last edited by millionrainbows; Apr-29-2020 at 13:18.

  4. #48
    Senior Member mikeh375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millionrainbows View Post
    If you are referring to my post #34, please note that this reply was not addressed to you. This should be very clear. Are you reading these posts, or just skimming over them?I think you're being insincere as well, in order to take advantage of a possible "pile-on" scenario. If it makes any difference, I was not referring to you, but to another member who greeted JG after his first post. Besides that, you don't strike me as a teacher or 'colleague' in an academic context. You seem more like a layman or at best, perhaps a music student.

    Aside from that, I have every right to be mistrusting, in light of the way I have been bullied in the past, so get over it.
    LOL....more goading I see. You just look foolish now. You really are a piece of work and are now calling someone you don't know "insincere". It's all a shame really, but yeah, I'll get over it...there... done.

    btw, I did greet Jerry immediately after his first post....there is nowhere to hide my son.
    Last edited by mikeh375; Apr-29-2020 at 13:43.
    New website and some new music......www.mikehewer.com

  5. #49
    Banned (Temporarily)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh375 View Post
    LOL....more goading I see. You just look foolish now. You really are a piece of work and are now calling someone you don't know "insincere". It's all a shame really, but yeah, I'll get over it...there... done.

    btw, I did greet Jerry immediately after his first post....there is nowhere to hide my son.
    More irrelevant invalidation. Yawn...

  6. #50
    Senior Member mikeh375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millionrainbows View Post
    More irrelevant invalidation. Yawn...
    LOL....caught out for being a trouble maker. Ignore what you want, it's quite sad but funny too...thanks.
    Last edited by mikeh375; Apr-29-2020 at 13:53.
    New website and some new music......www.mikehewer.com

  7. #51
    Banned (Temporarily)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh375 View Post
    LOL....caught out for being a trouble maker. Ignore what you want, it's quite sad but funny too...thanks.
    Yes, you have a nice day too. Meanwhile, you have wasted a whole page or more of this thread for this irrelevant stuff.
    Last edited by millionrainbows; Apr-29-2020 at 14:14.

  8. #52
    Senior Member Phil loves classical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ford Nation
    Posts
    5,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ah, turned into another popcorn thread. Is this a study on tension and relief?

    So basically the chord in question is an altered chord. Chopin's Prelude in E minor illustrates that concept very well, whether or not the chords have other names (to make MR happy), but they do ultimately serve CP tonality.
    Last edited by Phil loves classical; Apr-29-2020 at 14:21.
    "Forgive me, Majesty. I'm a vulgar man. But I assure you, my music is not.“ Mozart

  9. Likes mikeh375 liked this post
  10. #53
    Senior Member mikeh375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    my my, did you just invalidate me...

    no, not you Phil....
    Last edited by mikeh375; Apr-29-2020 at 14:21.
    New website and some new music......www.mikehewer.com

  11. #54
    Senior Member Luchesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,564
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Thanks. I think it's interesting that humans long long ago noticed that there were only seven stars that MOVED against ALL the other stars. And it was first to give us the clue that we weren't under what appeared to be a glass globe firmament. BUT very quickly humans (Aristotle) decided that the crystal spheres explanation accounted so ‘logically’ for the nearby falling stars and the more distant, slower moving comets, and even the Milky Way. Because it was the debris (degraded lubricant) from the grinding spheres dropping down to earth which we see as falling stars, very close, and then comets a little bit farther away. And then the buildup of all that debris eventually becoming the Milky Way (the brightest section for us is 30 thousand trillion miles away).
    Last edited by Luchesi; Apr-29-2020 at 21:53.
    Albert Einstein, "I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.

  12. Likes Flamme liked this post
  13. #55
    Senior Member Flamme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kingdom Of CHAZ
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is definitely something magickal in numbers 7, 13 and 4 me personally 23...
    'Listen, Mister god!
    Isn't it boring
    to dip your puffy eyes,
    every day, into a jelly of clouds?'

  14. #56
    Banned (Temporarily)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luchesi View Post
    Thanks. I think it's interesting that humans long long ago noticed that there were only seven stars that MOVED against ALL the other stars. And it was first to give us the clue that we weren't under what appeared to be a glass globe firmament.
    And thus was born: the diatonic system.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •