Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Out of Resources

  1. #1
    Senior Member AbsolutelyBaching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Out of Resources

    Can I just mention that multiple times of a Sunday evening (this Sunday evening), I've been met with multiple 'out of resources' errors (I think they are HTTP 504 errrors, but I wasn't in a mood to write them down, so I may have the number wrong).

    It would seem to me, a mere database administrator, that your webserver is out of connection capacity, memory capacity or both.

    I don't know if others have been experiencing them. I think from what I've observed, they will have done (i.e., that it's not my network connection that's the problem -and since I'm running on a Xeon 8 core, 16 thread 192GB memory and 16TB of hard disk PC, I doubt it's my PC, either)
    Last edited by AbsolutelyBaching; May-03-2020 at 23:57.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    14,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've temporarily experienced them also. They seem to go away quickly.

  3. #3
    Senior Member AbsolutelyBaching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Screenshot_20200504_004956.png

    Here's an example (and it's a 502 error, not a 504. My apologies).

    They do go away quickly. Sort of. If three minutes counts as quickly. And if you've copied your post into a text editor so you can post it back in later, so you don't lose what you've carefully crafted.

    I think my point is that once in a blue moon is fine. For two people to be experiencing them, that's not good, regardless of how quickly they go away. (And I'm betting it's not just two of us, either).
    Last edited by AbsolutelyBaching; May-04-2020 at 00:53.

  4. #4
    Senior Member pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyBaching View Post
    Can I just mention that multiple times of a Sunday evening (this Sunday evening), I've been met with multiple 'out of resources' errors (I think they are HTTP 504 errrors, but I wasn't in a mood to write them down, so I may have the number wrong).

    It would seem to me, a mere database administrator, that your webserver is out of connection capacity, memory capacity or both.

    I don't know if others have been experiencing them. I think from what I've observed, they will have done (i.e., that it's not my network connection that's the problem -and since I'm running on a Xeon 8 core, 16 thread 192GB memory and 16TB of hard disk PC, I doubt it's my PC, either)
    I've seen it several times. I'm betting that due to so many people either out of work or nowhere to go, are instead surfing the net, this site included.

    There are currently 1527 users online. 78 members and 1449 guests.

    I don't actually know if that's a lot or not.
    Last edited by pianozach; May-04-2020 at 01:21.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    27,490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Make it four. In my case, it goes away within a minute.
    Last edited by Bulldog; May-04-2020 at 01:19.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Allegro Con Brio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,333
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I get these a lot - probably 3-4 times a night. Except mine usually is just a white screen with Resource Limit Reached. It is certainly a minor nuisance, but it is usually solved within a minute by going back and trying again a couple times.

  7. #7
    Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    10,865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The server load average were high and have been dropping over the past 15 minutes or so. The high load averages likely caused connection issues.

  8. #8
    Senior Member AbsolutelyBaching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, I get that it's probably because of unusually high traffic. And yes, if you keep retrying long enough, the issues go away. Temporarily.

    But 1500 users ...doesn't seem that excessive to me. I get 10,000 a day on my (rubbish) website.

    I don't expect a quick fix. I'm just saying: it's a problem that (I think) needs looking at.
    Last edited by AbsolutelyBaching; May-04-2020 at 02:05.

  9. Likes DaddyGeorge liked this post
  10. #9
    Senior Member Open Book's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've been seeing them for several months but not very frequently.
    "No one chooses the tuba" - Alexander von Puttkamer

  11. #10
    Senior Member pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pianozach View Post
    I've seen it several times. I'm betting that due to so many people either out of work or nowhere to go, are instead surfing the net, this site included.

    There are currently 1527 users online. 78 members and 1449 guests.

    I don't actually know if that's a lot or not.
    There are currently 1598 users online. 84 members and 1514 guests

    Most users ever online was 4,930, Jun-18-2016 at 19:37.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    14,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pianozach View Post
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]

    Most users ever online was 4,930, Jun-18-2016 at 19:37.
    I wonder what happened that day.

  13. Likes Flamme liked this post
  14. #12
    Administrator Krummhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southwestern USA
    Posts
    4,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have also been confronted with this error message periodically. I have reported the issue to the site owner.

    The last time it occurred required just a simple re-boot of the server. I do not have the capability to perform that task.
    Kh
    Administrator


  15. #13
    Senior Member pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jun-18-2016

    Soyuz capsule returns to Earth 1st British International Space Station astronaut Tim Peake, Russian Yuri Malenchenko and American Timothy Kopra after 186 days

    Daughter of the Prince Michel de Ligne, Princess Alix de Ligne of Belgium (31) weds Earl Guillaume de Dampierre (31) at St Peter's Church in Belgium

    Day of the Week: Saturday

  16. #14
    Senior Member Flamme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kingdom Of CHAZ
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I c this message quite often
    Resource Limit Is Reached
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
    'Listen, Mister god!
    Isn't it boring
    to dip your puffy eyes,
    every day, into a jelly of clouds?'

  17. #15
    Senior Member pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamme View Post
    I c this message quite often
    Resource Limit Is Reached
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
    Sometimes . . .

    Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 8.42.11 PM.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •