Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Daily Deal - Single CDs

  1. #16
    Senior Member flamencosketches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    the Deep South
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blancrocher View Post
    Bartok, String Quartets (Emerson String Quartet) - my favorite version of these pieces.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bela-Bartok...kAAOSwpIBeV3yX

    $5.54 including shipping within U.S. ("very good" condition)
    That seller, Decluttr, is a goldmine for the kind of deals you're looking for with this thread. I've gotten many a great CD for $3-4 from them

  2. Likes Blancrocher, SixFootScowl liked this post
  3. #17
    Senior Member apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Malden, MA, USA
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Decluttr has their own wesbite you can order from too.

    https://www.decluttr.com/

    The search function is not good though. The also sell on Amazon, and if I find something that they sell on Amazon, I'll go to the Decluttr website and try to order it there to cut Amazon out of it. (Amazon is terrible.) Sometimes I can't find things on the Decluttr site that they're listing on Amazon though. Like I said, the search function on the Decluttr site is very bad.

    They charge a bit more on their own site than on Amazon, but shipping through them is always free, so it ends up being cheaper in the end.

    I've never ordered from them through eBay, but I'm not surprised they're selling there too.

    Shopping through Decluttr reminds me of going to a good old fashioned used CD/record store. You never know what you're going to find there, and you sometimes end up with nice surprises.

  4. Likes SixFootScowl, Blancrocher liked this post
  5. #18
    Senior Member flamencosketches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    the Deep South
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apricissimus View Post
    Decluttr has their own wesbite you can order from too.

    https://www.decluttr.com/

    The search function is not good though. The also sell on Amazon, and if I find something that they sell on Amazon, I'll go to the Decluttr website and try to order it there to cut Amazon out of it. (Amazon is terrible.) Sometimes I can't find things on the Decluttr site that they're listing on Amazon though. Like I said, the search function on the Decluttr site is very bad.

    They charge a bit more on their own site than on Amazon, but shipping through them is always free, so it ends up being cheaper in the end.

    I've never ordered from them through eBay, but I'm not surprised they're selling there too.

    Shopping through Decluttr reminds me of going to a good old fashioned used CD/record store. You never know what you're going to find there, and you sometimes end up with nice surprises.
    Decluttr is always much cheaper on eBay than Amazon. Never tried ordering from their own site.

  6. Likes SixFootScowl liked this post
  7. #19
    Senior Member Oldhoosierdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blancrocher View Post
    Bartok, String Quartets (Emerson String Quartet) - my favorite version of these pieces.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bela-Bartok...kAAOSwpIBeV3yX

    $5.54 including shipping within U.S. ("very good" condition)
    I bought this same recording a while back from the same seller. It was a little less because of cracked case. The disks were excellent.
    I don't live in the past,
    there's no future in it.

  8. #20
    Senior Member Simplicissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Glenview, Illinois
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apricissimus View Post
    Decluttr has their own wesbite you can order from too.

    https://www.decluttr.com/

    The search function is not good though. The also sell on Amazon, and if I find something that they sell on Amazon, I'll go to the Decluttr website and try to order it there to cut Amazon out of it. (Amazon is terrible.) Sometimes I can't find things on the Decluttr site that they're listing on Amazon though. Like I said, the search function on the Decluttr site is very bad.

    They charge a bit more on their own site than on Amazon, but shipping through them is always free, so it ends up being cheaper in the end.

    I've never ordered from them through eBay, but I'm not surprised they're selling there too.

    Shopping through Decluttr reminds me of going to a good old fashioned used CD/record store. You never know what you're going to find there, and you sometimes end up with nice surprises.
    Good info! I’m curious about why you say Amazon is terrible. I have had good experiences with them when I sometimes buy used CDs through them, but I’m thinking there’s something I should know here.

  9. #21
    Senior Member apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Malden, MA, USA
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicissimus View Post
    Good info! I’m curious about why you say Amazon is terrible. I have had good experiences with them when I sometimes buy used CDs through them, but I’m thinking there’s something I should know here.
    I just mean their business practices and how they are taking over the world. And how they treat their employees. I personally would like to avoid giving them my money, even if it's some small cut they take from a $5 used CD purchase through a third-party seller.

    I agree that the consumer experience they provide is usually great.

  10. #22
    Member regnaDkciN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamencosketches View Post
    That seller, Decluttr, is a goldmine for the kind of deals you're looking for with this thread. I've gotten many a great CD for $3-4 from them
    Indeed -- I find I've been buying from Decluttr often these days, and not just for classical releases.

  11. Likes SixFootScowl liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •