Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hello, I'm Danielle (Michigan)

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hello, I'm Danielle (Michigan)

    Hi all! To say I love classical music would be the understatement of the year. While I used to play piano, my experiences with music now are entirely with my ears (usually my HD800S rig). I use Roon to combine both my humble collection of music and Qobuz. I have tried Primephonic but felt it was not geared for my brain. I also subscribe to BBC music and love to flip to the end of the issue to find new stuff .

  2. Likes joen_cph, SanAntone, Chilham and 3 others liked this post
  3. #2
    Moderator Art Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kampen (NL)
    Posts
    27,773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello Danielle, and welcome to Talk Classical. Enjoy the forum - it's mostly harmless.

  4. Likes Ingélou, Darth Elle liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    32,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome! Who are some of your favored composers?

  6. Likes Darth Elle liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member Merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    46

    Default

    Hi Danielle. Welcome to TC from Merl (Fife via Greater Manchester).

  8. Likes Darth Elle liked this post
  9. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Welcome! Who are some of your favored composers?
    I am in a Tchaikovsky kick the past week or so. I also am a big fan of Bach, Mozart, and Rachmaninov. On a bad day nothing beats sitting down and closing my eyes to Chopin’s piano Preludes. Honestly there are so many it’s hard to just pick a few .

    One of the reasons I love Roon is I am extending my knowledge of composers, music history, and it helps me keep track of conductors, orchestras, and composers much better than I have been able to do on my own.

  10. Likes Bulldog, Marc liked this post
  11. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can’t edit my post, guessing my account is too new but the emoji I stuck in was not well received by the forum’s system .

    I also completely forgot to mention my love for film scores. John Williams, James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith, James Powell, and others are on frequent rotation, especially when I’m unsure what to listen to.

  12. Likes Chilham liked this post
  13. #7
    Senior Member SixFootScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Next to Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    14,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Elle View Post
    I am in a Tchaikovsky kick the past week or so. I also am a big fan of Bach, Mozart, and Rachmaninov. On a bad day nothing beats sitting down and closing my eyes to Chopin’s piano Preludes. Honestly there are so many it’s hard to just pick a few ������.

    One of the reasons I love Roon is I am extending my knowledge of composers, music history, and it helps me keep track of conductors, orchestras, and composers much better than I have been able to do on my own.
    Nice to see another Rachmaninoff fan on the site. Do you like opera? His Miserly Knight is quite good.
    “Then he will also say to those on the left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels!'" Matthew 25:41 (Christian Standard Bible)

  14. #8
    Senior Member Flamme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Change. Eternal.
    Posts
    2,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome...BBC has amazing collection of music I listen to them daily...Classical music purifies me should be listed as plethora of cures for different illnesses or stages of being and spirit.
    'Listen, Mister god!
    Isn't it boring
    to dip your puffy eyes,
    every day, into a jelly of clouds?'

  15. #9
    Administrator Krummhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southwestern USA
    Posts
    4,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Elle View Post
    Hi all! To say I love classical music would be the understatement of the year. While I used to play piano, my experiences with music now are entirely with my ears (usually my HD800S rig). I use Roon to combine both my humble collection of music and Qobuz. I have tried Primephonic but felt it was not geared for my brain. I also subscribe to BBC music and love to flip to the end of the issue to find new stuff .
    Welcome to Talk Classical, Danielle.
    Kh
    Administrator


  16. #10
    Senior Member pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Elle View Post
    I can’t edit my post, guessing my account is too new but the emoji I stuck in was not well received by the forum’s system .

    I also completely forgot to mention my love for film scores. John Williams, James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith, James Powell, and others are on frequent rotation, especially when I’m unsure what to listen to.
    Post editing is limited for almost all members to less than a day. I'm not sure of the exact time frame, but it's pretty short.

    Oh, and welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •