Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 217

Thread: Gorgeous baritones. Ok, tenors too.

  1. #1
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Gorgeous baritones. Ok, tenors too.

    I reckon the boys need their own thread.



    Simon Keenlyside



    Ruggero Raimondi



    and of course the silver fox himself
    Natalie

  2. #2
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    excellent idea!



    And can I add a favourite pic of mine of SK.

    Ann

  3. #3
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok time for a couple of tenors to brighten up our day:



    The one and only Placidone, the complete package: voice, looks and stage presence.



    And the next best thing...
    Natalie

  4. #4
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I'm hoping to get tickets for Tosca at ROH next year. Kaufmann & Terfel

    In the meantime I will be at ROH next Tuesday drooling over



    or as he will look.

    Ann

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sieglinde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Weirdly beautiful Ian Bostridge...

  6. Likes Meaghan liked this post
  7. #6
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    I'm hoping to get tickets for Tosca at ROH next year. Kaufmann & Terfel
    Dream team! Envy Envy. Who's the Tosca?
    Natalie

  8. #7
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mamascarlatti View Post
    Dream team! Envy Envy. Who's the Tosca?
    According to ROH it's mainly Karita Mattila, with Martina Serafin for two nights & Angela Gheorghiu for two nights.

    It's June/July 2011. Any rellies you can take advantage of?
    Ann

  9. #8
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    According to ROH it's mainly Karita Mattila, with Martina Serafin for two nights & Angela Gheorghiu for two nights.

    It's June/July 2011. Any rellies you can take advantage of?
    Well yes but it's a 36 hour journey and I'd have to find a nanny for the kids.

    I must say that even with the joys of Jonas and Bryn I wouldn't go that far for Karita. And if I booked for Angela she'd just cancel.. SO that leaves Martina Serafin who is a new name to me.
    Natalie

  10. #9
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mamascarlatti View Post
    Well yes but it's a 36 hour journey and I'd have to find a nanny for the kids.
    Between now & then you could find someone? Or bring them with you?


    Quote Originally Posted by mamascarlatti View Post
    I must say that even with the joys of Jonas and Bryn I wouldn't go that far for Karita. And if I booked for Angela she'd just cancel.. SO that leaves Martina Serafin who is a new name to me.
    Apologies but I was only half awake when I posted the cast details. According to my ROH 2010/11 Season Guide:

    Karita is 7th, 11th, 14th 17th 20th & 23rd June; Martina is 28th & 30th June; Angela is 14th & 17th July.

    There seems to be some info missing in the Guide but I think Jonas is on 14th & 17th July with Marcello Giordani on the other days and Bryn on 14th & 17th July with Juha Uusitalo on the other days. So you'd be looking at either 14th or 17th July to scoop all three favourites.

    It's easy for me to say come to London though - I'm only 1 hour 50 minutes away.
    Ann

  11. #10
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    Between now & then you could find someone? Or bring them with you?
    No seriously, there's no way I could afford the time or the money. I have enough trouble justifying tickets to the live opera in Auckland.

    I'll just have to get all the details second hand from you.
    Natalie

  12. #11
    Senior Member nefigah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ach, for the uninitiated (me), please name the unnamed! (Silver fox? He is indeed pretty good looking!)

  13. #12
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nefigah View Post
    Ach, for the uninitiated (me), please name the unnamed! (Silver fox? He is indeed pretty good looking!)
    http://www.hvorostovsky.com/en/

    Ann

  14. #13
    Senior Member sospiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mamascarlatti View Post
    No seriously, there's no way I could afford the time or the money. I have enough trouble justifying tickets to the live opera in Auckland.

    I'll just have to get all the details second hand from you.
    If the show comes to Auckland I'll come for a visit. (Re-visit actually, many many moons ago I lived in Kohimarama)
    Ann

  15. #14
    Moderator mamascarlatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sospiro View Post
    If the show comes to Auckland I'll come for a visit. (Re-visit actually, many many moons ago I lived in Kohimarama)
    Sounds good! I'll get out the Vegemite and the Watties tomato sauce.

    Meanwhile...



    Mr Netrebko before marriage expanded his waistline.



    The gloriously named Ildebrando d'Acangelo



    And our very own Kiwi teddy. To think, we nearly lost him to accountancy before he came to his senses.
    Natalie

  16. #15
    Senior Member Il Seraglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Call me weird, but Fritz Wunderlich was a really good looking guy.



    I like Nicolas Rivenq and he has a kind of irresistable presence on stage.



    I also second Ildebrando D'Archangelo, even though I understand he is not everyone's favourite singer.


Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new three tenors??
    By classidaho in forum Opera
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun-19-2009, 04:09
  2. Gorgeous Russian Pianist-Lola Astanova
    By toughcritic in forum Musicians
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr-24-2009, 02:45
  3. 3 Tenors Caruso, Gigli, Mccormack
    By dhavic in forum Vocal Music
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct-13-2008, 22:50
  4. the three tenors concert in Rome 1990
    By pleiades@live.co.uk in forum Classical Music Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug-30-2008, 09:31
  5. Three tenors?
    By godzillaviolist in forum Vocal Music
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb-28-2005, 18:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •