Classical Music Forum banner

In business

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  jhar26 
#1 ·
Lars (krummhorn) has just created this subforum for us, so a big thanks to him. He has already moved some of the threads from the regular opera forum up to here, so I propose that we keep those for reference but stop posting on them and create new threads that are more in line with what we had discussed before and can keep on discussing in this thread as we no doubt will learn more about the best way to go about all this as we go along.

#2 ·
I am not yet into opera, but since you guys are on the very beginning of doing a lot a lot of opera discussion, I would like to suggest a sticky thread that rulez out how to post here. Like standarization on thread title, basic heading like : Opera title, Composer, Version etc. As a beginner I hope to see this useful for a completely new to opera guy.

Meanwhile, good luck and congratulation.

#3 ·
I copied my DVD reviews from "Opera on DVD" to this new subforum, although I didn't know if it was the thing to do, and created threads according to a list suggested earlier. I don't know if they had to named "X on DVD and Blu-ray", since the ending is already in the title of the subforum, but as there were a couple like that already, I played along.

I had to think a bit about where to put Boïto and Busoni, but ended up with "Romantic Italian opera", since they are not exactly modern, they are not exactly verismo (although there isn't a thread of that kind in the list - should there be? Giordano's Marcella would belong there).

The original messages are in place. What should be done with them? And what about all the conversational messages? Will the "Opera on DVD" thread remain as it is, but new messages directed to threads according to composers etc.?

#4 · (Edited)
I copied my DVD reviews from "Opera on DVD" to this new subforum, although I didn't know if it was the thing to do, and created threads according to a list suggested earlier. I don't know if they had to named "X on DVD and Blu-ray", since the ending is already in the title of the subforum, but as there were a couple like that already, I played along. ¨¨
You have a point, but when a thread with the title of "Mozart on DVD and Blu-ray" ends up on the list of unread posts on the top right hand corner of your screen it's more informative to members about what the thread is about than when the title would just be "Mozart" and I think that some members use the "unread posts" feature instead of visting all the forums and subforums.

I had to think a bit about where to put Boïto and Busoni, but ended up with "Romantic Italian opera", since they are not exactly modern, they are not exactly verismo (although there isn't a thread of that kind in the list - should there be? Giordano's Marcella would belong there).
Maybe it would be a good idea to just group romantic Italian opera and verismo together under the title of "Romantic Italian Opera and Verismo on DVD and Blu-ray."

The original messages are in place. What should be done with them? And what about all the conversational messages? Will the "Opera on DVD" thread remain as it is, but new messages directed to threads according to composers etc.?
It will be nearly impossible to add most of the conversational messages in my opinion since many of them probably include comments that would make no sense in the context of the new threads. And if you leave the most obvious of those out later comments that may be a reply to those make no sense anymore either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.