Classical Music Forum banner

Interview thread?

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  CountessAdele 
#1 ·
Hey guys I found an interview of Anna Netrebko today, which got me thinking of Alma and wondering if he'd seen it, and then I thought wouldn't it be great if we had a thread to post interviews of our favorite singers in? So we could all see interviews we maybe didn't know about and discuss them with each other. What do you think? Is there a thread like this already?

I'll start off by posting that interview of Anna.

:tiphat:

#18 ·
He's not my favorite singer, but I got invited to a dinner in Mark Delavan's honor (thanks to a friend of Mark's wife's father) after his Wotan performance of Die Walkure in S.F. Interesting 2 yo interview about his "checkered" past; he also sings a Cole Porter tune at the end of the interview.

I was going to ask him what it was like to sing with Diana Damrau but thought better of it after first seeing this interview! He did say that one of the first things he does in joining a new gig is to identify the weak links in the cast. Fortunately, he said, there were none this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.