Classical Music Forum banner

Which chamber music genres do you dislike?

• Piano Sonata

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Violin Sonata

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Cello Sonata

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Clarinet Sonata

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • String Doublet/Trio/Quartet/Quintet/Septet

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Clarinet Doublet/Trio/Quartet/Quintet/Septet

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Wind Doublet/Trio/Quartet/Quintet/Septet

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Piano Doublet/Trio/Quartet/Quintet/Septet

Votes: 3 14.3%

Be Honest Here #6: Which genre of music do you not enjoy?

5K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  bagpipers 
G
#1 · (Edited)
I personally dislike string quartets. They are simply an acquired taste. I have not acquired it yet!

#11 ·
I think you'll find it's not all that rare. I would think that either one doesn't like chamber music much at all, or one is perfectly fine with most instrumentations. You'll probably find a few who don't like solo strings because of 'scratchiness' but are fine with other genres.

G
#9 ·
String quartets are much much harder to appreciate then. Piano took some time but it went in and symphonies were the easiest and i suppose not everything is as hard as a string quartet to appreciate, atleast for me.

To each to his own.

#15 ·
Ain't all that Classical Music an acquired taste?

I would say that's true of all music... not just classical music.

G
#24 ·
Well, probably. lol. I was just wanting to know how many non-pro-chamber music listeners are here. Rather how many people would vote who haven't matured their musical taste similar to mine.

I am addicted to these threads. lol

#28 ·
Obviously you are a big newbie when it comes to classical music, and for many people it takes time to like all genres. I don't get why you keep making this threads? Why can't you be a little humble, and realize that not everything comes easy at the beginning. Why can't you just wait and learn?

These threads could have been interesting if perhaps Mahlerian has created them, because we know that he has experience, and a fully trained ear. He would have asked different and better formulated questions, but he could probably set anything in perspective.

That is just my opinion.

And to be honest, I like all these genres.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.