Classical Music Forum banner

Which should I listen to most?

science's totally random poll #71

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Onder 
#1 ·
Of the recordings listed, which do you think should be the highest priorities for me as a listener?

Vote for as few or as many as you want.

You can vote for things based on your personal experience, what you've heard about them, what look most interesting to you, what you think would be most educational for me, whatever.

These polls have been enlightening for me, so I thank all the voters very heartily!

This is a playoff round: everything on this poll was on a previous poll, and they had approximately the same score.

Here is the cover art for this round:

Facial expression Product Human Sleeve Font

See less See more
#2 ·
I heard the Rzewski piece for the first time last week and was blown away completely by it.

#4 ·
I would reach first for the Menuhin Bartok disc. One of my favorite violinists. Would gladly live with his sometime technical imperfections due to the warmth of his playing. Great Bartok.

One of the greatest violinists ever if musical communication is important to you.

#9 ·
Definitely the CPE Bach and the JS Bach pieces. What a great family of composers.

#12 ·
András Schiff is a great Bach interpreter. He makes all so clear and obvious, he really points out the "nice stuff" and puts the rest in the background while still being technically perfect. Then again, Martinů is one of my complete favs, so I would go for him too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.