Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Letter to ROH

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Steatopygous 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Never heard of any of these"musicians". If it was Rod Stewart or Kylie Minogue I'd might be impressed. And to the Guardian too, how original.

How do these "musicians" think world class opera singers travel to Covent Garden? By pony and trap, and sailing ship? Next time Jonas Kauffman is invited to sing, these "musicians" can add, only if you bicycle from Germany.

As for BP, I saw a bit of their big screen Don Giovanni at Trafalgar Square last night. The set up was amazing and the sound incredible for an open air broadcast.

G
#11 ·
Never heard of any of these"musicians". If it was Rod Stewart or Kylie Minogue I'd might be impressed. And to the Guardian too, how original.

How do these "musicians" think world class opera singers travel to Covent Garden? By pony and trap, and sailing ship? Next time Jonas Kauffman is invited to sing, these "musicians" can add, only if you bicycle from Germany.

As for BP, I saw a bit of their big screen Don Giovanni at Trafalgar Square last night. The set up was amazing and the sound incredible for an open air broadcast.
Composers, musicians and researchers I think it said. OK, so you've not heard of John Luther Adams, but would be "impressed" if the letter was written by Rod Stewart or Kylie Minogue? Perhaps they prefer to keep their environmental concerns private.

Should the letter have been sent to a more "original" publication? Why? Which one? Something fans of Kylie and Rod read maybe?

#13 ·
Musicians would be better served commenting only on musical matters. Cobbler, stick to thy last. If we boycotted every multi-national and its satellites then we would all be listening to live music by candlelight while huddling up each other to keep warm.

Reactions: Vaneyes
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.