Classical Music Forum banner

Klemperer's Bruckner

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  joen_cph 
#1 ·
I have this:

I'm trying to break it down into its individual components. For example, would this be the same recording of #4?

I can't check the dates because my actual CDs are 2000 miles away, well cared for but inaccessible to me.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate that very much!

See less See more
#2 ·
Editorial Reviews
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Otto Klemperer s death, EMI Classics pays tribute
to the incomparable conductor with the release of an extensive edition of luxurious
yet affordably-priced boxsets. The first batch of three is available this November.
The collection of Bruckner Symphonies is a 6-CD set presenting 5 of Bruckner s
symphonies including the incomplete 9th symphony that was never finished due to his
death. The set presents a comprehensive survey of Klemperer s renowned conducting.
His interpretations and direction remain touchstones for the EMI catalogue, despite
having a stroke during brain surgery.
From the Amazon website, perhaps this helps :tiphat:

#4 ·
I think that it is the same version of the 4th. Recently I bought this...

...which (I assume) is remastered version of the stand alone 4th you have pictured. According to the booklet it was recorded in September 1963. The Arkivmusic review of your boxed set has the date for the 4th Symphony contained therein as September 1963.

Reactions: science
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.