Classical Music Forum banner

I need help please!!!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  some guy 
#1 ·
I have six pieces of music.
PLease help me in finding what it is:)

I need to know before the end of august 30 (GMT +1) this is tomorrow!

Here is the link to the music:

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=EZLHKW76

Also i have to divide the pieces in for example ABA or ABACA
If you could help me with finding what it it is, or dividing it in pieces, I would be very grateful!!!

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Bummers ... first I have to wait almost a minute to download a file that requires me to install yet another application to listen?? Is this in no other format? Peeps here might be leery of having to install another application in order to hear these examples.

Question 2 ... why have you waited until the 11th hour to do this [school] assignment? Surely you received this project at some time ahead of the present ... one would think anyways.

#6 ·
Here are number 1, 4 & 6 in an attachment
If you want to help me please tell me about which sample you are talking!
#1 and #4 are from the Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky

#6 is from Pomp and Circumstance by Elgar

I've never heard #5 or #2 so can't help you there.

I have heard #3 lots of times and it is quite familiar but can't think of its name or composer at the moment.

#7 ·
I think 5 and 2 are by Robert Schuman (they also sound a little like Brahms but they aren't - and not really Mendelsohn either) but you need to check with a pianist to find out exactly which pieces they are (possibly 'Scenes from Childhood').

3 is the Scherzo from a Brukner Symphony but I don't know off hand which one. The users called 'some guy' or 'Herzeleide' might know, they're our resident Brukner fiends!

1 and 4 are Tchaikovsky Nutcracker suite (2 = Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy, can't remember off hand which movement no 4 is, though).
Didn't open 6 because I trust K'horn's judgement

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.