Classical Music Forum banner

Humor: The 10 Types of Classical Concert Goers

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Lukecash12 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The Musicians
Let's not forget the musicians… technically also concert goers, though they are onstage, forced to wear penguin suits or pretend are going to a funeral. They have a pretty cool job-they get to play music for a living. But so many of them are cynical and depressed-they hate rehearsals, and they "don't really listen to music any more because they play so damn much of it," to quote a San Francisco Symphony Musician. They, like everyone are waiting for the concert to be over so they can go drinking.

Hahaha, I can identify with this. Now that I practice a lot more than I used to, I just prefer silence when I get home..

#8 ·
I once went to a chamber concert where they played an encore for a baby who didn't cry but we all noticed was there...Brahms lullaby!!! (I want that too...Coming back in time and having that)

The other "goers" are also great, I laughed a lot :D

Greetings!

#9 ·
Hahaha, that was pretty funny. During one of the quiet moments (I think in the finale) of the Bruckner 8 I was in a while ago, there was even a cell phone going off. Thank goodness--I don't think anyone made a noise during the adagio... I don't think...

#11 ·
I'm not sure if I fit into any of those. As a musician, I'm always peppy and spastic, and it pisses off other musicians sometimes. The performances themselves seem more like play than work to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.