Classical Music Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So where are we now? I hear clear voices against merging the two currently listening thread, and for me the arguments against it make sense. I also see the Anything goes listening thread has come to life - does this cover the needs expressed sufficiently?
The Anything Goes thread has only barely come to life; not much activity.

Unless the two existing threads were closed and only one Combined Listening thread were available, I don't see any point to just adding it.

·
Super Moderator
31,588 Posts
Frankly, I still do not see the point of that thread, whether the other two are combined or not.

I can see three scenarios:

1. We do nothing
2. We combine the two main listening threads
3. We do not combine the two main listening threads, but start a thread in which people can post what combinations of classical and non-classical they have been listening to

In none of these scenarios I see any role for the Anything goes thread.

If there are other scenarios, please post them. If not, I'll poll the TC members (poll in classical music forum, a post with reference to the poll in the non-classical music forum) to see if a combination is feasible at all.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
There are a number of threads that seem to be a place where the shy (or the lazy?) can post without making a commitment to an opinion of any kind. I tend not to read them, precisely because I learn nothing from them. I don't come here just for the music, but for the people.
Same here. I don't read or participate in these threads, because I don't really see the point. So I'd prefer a single "what are you listening to" thread, so that there's only one to ignore.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks Art Rock for putting this to a vote. The results are not surprising, although, more lop-sided than I might have thought.

Somewhere along the way I realized that it really doesn't matter, to me at least. I have returned to posting in the relative Listening threads and the benefit is that there is more reaction/discussion precisely because the people there want to be there. And there's always the Anything Goes thread.

:cool:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.